SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Friends and Family of Alcoholics (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/friends-family-alcoholics/)
-   -   HP message in: HORTON HEARS A WHO movie (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/friends-family-alcoholics/225376-hp-message-horton-hears-who-movie.html)

fourmaggie 04-23-2011 07:50 AM

HP message in: HORTON HEARS A WHO movie

1 Attachment(s)
my son...has gone through alot after his dad died...he may have been only 10mths old but very close to daddy...

my son and i where having an ALONE NITE and it was his turn to pick out a movie...he picks Horton hears a WHO from DR.SEUSUS(misspelled I think)Dvd.

so where watching and this it how it went:
watching the movie as the speck is on the clover and Horton is holding onto the clover and talking to the Mayor on the speck (Who ville)

Mayor: "where are you Horton?"
Horton: "well, i guess from where your looking, up in the sky" Horton precedes to talk to himself, "gee well if i am up in the sky for the Mayor, there must be something greater then myself, way up in the sky..way beyond."

my son turns to me .."you know mom, i never looked at it like that before"
"Yep", i said, " I believe there is something greater than ourselves"

WOW from my 9 year old kid!! I say, its never to young to teach these PRINCIPLEs to my kids and doing it in all our affairs....

just wanted to share

GettingBy 04-23-2011 08:05 AM

I love that line in the movie... there is always something greater than us... no matter how big and invincible we think we are!!

Thanks for the reminder!

Irishcolleen24 05-14-2011 08:34 AM

Thanks Maggie

It is a rainy day here in Iowa, so tonight I'm going to watch Horton..WHO.
I don't have kids but love kids movies. Thank you for your comments on my blog. and I love your profile pic. This recovery thing is so amazing to me. I now look forward to meetings, volunteering, and meeting new people. Who would have thunk that there is an amazing gift of alcoholism. Happy Spring to you! Colleen

Impurrfect 05-14-2011 09:53 AM

(((Maggie))) - smart boy you have, there!!

I remember, when I was going to meetings, a bunch of us went to this one guys house who had a really nice TV, surround sound, etc., and we watched.....Finding Nemo:) Can't remember all of the movie, but I remember that we all found something in it that pertained to recovery, acknowledging powerlessness, etc. BTW, we ranged from ages 19 - 40's, but it was really fun:)

May have to watch Horton soon!

Hugs and prayers,

Amy

fourmaggie 05-14-2011 05:42 PM

^^^ahh ha!...funny, i was thinking of FINDING NEMO the other day...and something clicked!! funny, this YOUNG gal still gets it! (lol)

Babyblue 05-14-2011 07:23 PM

Keep swimming, keep swimming. :)

I love Nemo, I love Dr. Seuss. I just may see if I can watch Horton tonight.

thanks Maggie.

fourmaggie 05-15-2011 06:49 AM

i was wondering...what other kids movies do "it"?...(get my thinking cap on...LOL)