What really burns me.

Old 04-20-2011, 11:49 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

What really burns me.

And I'm working on it.

The realization that there are always a few people in these various forums that aren't real.

You'll read the poasts for a period of time and then realize that this person is just a troll, basically, and no telling what their agenda is.

Oh well, another thing to inventory.
Old 04-20-2011, 11:53 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

yep, but I have, I think, really good troll sense, so I just tend to ignore those posts.
Old 04-20-2011, 12:13 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

If there are issues, you can always report them
Old 04-20-2011, 12:26 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

We remove trolls from the boards as soon as they are identified, so please pass on the information you have.
Old 04-20-2011, 12:33 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

You know how sick my mind is? After reading this... "What really burns me.".... I was expecting this....

"A candle about THIS high!"

I'm in quite a sarcastic mood today, can ya tell?!?!

As for the trolls, I usually stay away from posts that seem overdramatic and inflammatory... maybe they are trolls, maybe not. But they just seem to raw too me, and an attempt to get people riled up so I don't bother.
Old 04-20-2011, 12:51 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

There's a saying, "Don't feed the trolls." The best way to handle them is to ignore them. If they know they've made someone uncomfortable or angry, they start doing a happy dance and type faster.

The truth about internet forums is that you never "really" know who you are communicating with.
Old 04-20-2011, 01:55 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I once responded to somebody as a troll who turned out to be real. I was positive she couldn't possibly be real, or serious, but apparently she was.

Or, she was an exceptionally skilled troll. She doesn't post here anymore. At least not as the name she was using, and not with her style.

Cyranoak
Old 04-20-2011, 02:14 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I have absolutely no "troll radar" whatsoever, how can anyone tell? And what would be the motivation for someone to "troll"?
Old 04-20-2011, 02:59 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
I'm no angel!

I haven't posted in 4 months mostly because I was repremanded for not being gentle enough in response to some threads, I was too curt. Well, maybe so, could it be because I felt that we were being conned by a troll? Seems strange that the posters who caused all the drama never bothered to post again, to some, this is all a game, one that I am unwilling to play.

Why do some people troll? I'd say boredom, a smart alec personality, an overall immature person who needs to get a life.

Just my thoughts, keeping my fingers crossed that I am not going to be repremanded yet again!
Old 04-20-2011, 03:02 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Seems I recall a good amount of this activity as well.
I like taking a break from this site. It helps wipe the slate clean. I know who provides good information, feedback, encouragement and support and they're still here posting away. The other stuff seems to fall away.
Old 04-20-2011, 03:08 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

I must be the paranoid type. I instantly think...oh no! Does somebody think I'm a troll?

I need to read here more. I haven't nailed down these trolls, or I've felt how they rubbed me wrong, but like a good manipulation from an A, I can't quite put my finger on it, so it just sounds too darn familiar.
Old 04-20-2011, 03:09 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by dollydo View Post
I haven't posted in 4 months mostly because I was repremanded for not being gentle enough in response to some threads, I was too curt. Well, maybe so, could it be because I felt that we were being conned by a troll? Seems strange that the posters who caused all the drama never bothered to post again, to some, this is all a game, one that I am unwilling to play.

Why do some people troll? I'd say boredom, a smart alec personality, an overall immature person who needs to get a life.

Just my thoughts, keeping my fingers crossed that I am not going to be repremanded yet again!
But dollydo,

you have a disclaimer under your name "i'm no angel!"
:ghug3
no rest for the wicked either.

I have only noticed a couple of trolls, or what i suspected were trolls, but this site is squeaky clean compared to some.
It seems kinda icky, yucky, sneaky, and just plain mean to troll here.

Beth
Old 04-20-2011, 03:11 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

As somebody who's been reprimanded a few times myself...

...I can say that each time I was out of line or over the top. I appreciate the guidance I received from the moderators in this regard.

There is a way to be direct without being reprimanded. I know this to be a fact. One of the ways for me is to avoid threads where I don't have any direct experience.

Take care,

Cyranaok

Originally Posted by dollydo View Post

Old 04-20-2011, 03:12 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by brokenheartfool View Post
I must be the paranoid type. I instantly think...oh no! Does somebody think I'm a troll?
Haha, i had this thought, too! Guess I'm a little paranoid type as well... but this site has helped me immensely!
Old 04-20-2011, 03:30 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by concernednurse View Post
Haha, i had this thought, too! Guess I'm a little paranoid type as well... but this site has helped me immensely!
Whew! Paranoia is best shared with others, then we can think they REALLY ARE OUT TO GET US.
Old 04-20-2011, 03:59 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

It took me 50 yrs to finally become completely
HONEST in all my affairs, so in all HONESTY
sailorjohn I am a real Alcoholic in Recovery.

No Ands If or Buts about it.
Old 04-20-2011, 04:06 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
I'm no angel!

Ah yes, I am "No Angel" I forgot that!
Old 04-20-2011, 04:13 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  
RIP Sweet Suki

It's not paranoia if they really ARE out to get you!
Old 04-20-2011, 04:22 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

I might be naive about this, but, what does a troll do?
Do they try to incite?
Or do they just mess with people?

IM with seeking calm in wondering what would be their motivation?
Old 04-20-2011, 04:28 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

rest assured Im real. between 3 kids, 1 husband, 2 dogs, 1 job and a recovery program....no time to troll!

however..i have a sneaking suspision there is one on here....hmmmmm