Last 2 wkends

Old 04-19-2011, 03:56 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Last 2 wkends

The real title should be: being on this board has made me so much stronger.

So the weekend of April 9th, AH goes to a bikefest (not Daytona) - drives home DRUNK for the 2 hour ride home. He gets home for dinner, takes a nap at 7pm then is up at 10pm drinking again.

I go to bed in the guestroom(like I always do!). I lock the door because I just know what is coming.

Sure enough, 1am on Sunday night (technically Monday am, I guess). He's knocking on the door. I get up and open the door, to hear him beg "You have to come to bed with me." I say no, and keep it quiet because our son's room is closeby and he has tests tomorrow. My A pushes again on the door trying to get in. Finally, he takes no for the answer and stumbles off to bed.

This past Saturday, he's drunk and starts picking on me. "When are you coming back to the bedroom?" I answer, "When are you getting sober?". He says, "I'm getting better and I get no credit for it." Our usual argument. In the course of the argument, he asks, "When is the last time I touched you?" and I say,"Well the last time you tried was late last Sunday night."

He didn't even remember it. He then gets so ticked off at me that he puts his wedding ring by my computer as I am working. Probably the 5th time the ring has come off in the past year. Instead of giving it back the next am, I kept it.

He starts back propositioning me on Monday am after our son has left for school. Again with the "I'm doing better" speech. I look at him like he has 3 heads but keep calm. I reply: "Let's see. You drove home drunk and blacked out a week ago. This past weekend you got wasted and took off your wedding ring." I wrapped it up with "As an alcoholic, you are either drinking or you're sober. There's no in between for you."

I know there's really no talking to them but on Monday he was actually sober so it felt like the right time to get some of my words in. I am thankful for SR for everyone who shares there stories. It really helped me know how to react in all occasions. The old me may have lost my cool during any of the above!

Thanks so much!!!
Old 04-19-2011, 04:20 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Wow, that's big! You're an inspiration for us all. Thanks so much for posting your story