SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Friends and Family of Alcoholics (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/friends-family-alcoholics/)
-   -   I'm so mad right now! (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/friends-family-alcoholics/224940-im-so-mad-right-now.html)

duqld1717 04-18-2011 01:02 AM

I'm so mad right now!

Its 3:45 am right now and I am awake because I am literally so livid I cannot sleep! I have been getting calls and texts all weekend late at night from about 4 different cell phone numbers that I don't know. All say the same the same thing-"Hey, it was really nice to meet you, we should go out sometime"....I'm thinking is this a prank?? I stayed in ALL weekend and I definately didn't meet anyone new. I decided to text one back and say who is this??? All random guys that I never met claiming they met me at a bar. So someone is giving my number out to random men that they meet. I precede to ask who is giving my number out because I sure didn't. The guy tells me a short haired blonde girl named Megan. I think about it a little furter, maybe its an accident but 4 times??....don't know any girls named Megan that would give my number out. Hmmm I tossed and turned all night about it. Ohhhhh yeah I figured it out just now! XABF's new girlfriend name is MEGAN. WTF. Is this a joke?? I guess they think its "funny" to give my number out to random people as a prank. Those are the only two people immature enough to do something like that. Ha Ha Ha. Could you be anymore in junior high? I literally cannot escape the tourture of the two of them. First he tourtures me and now he's dragged her into it and she obviously thinks its funny because she is 4 years old. I cannot get away from the craziness. I just want to erase him from my memory...like I literally don't know whether to laugh or vomit right now. They are both crazy. This is so childish and I just want to be away from it already. I was actually starting to feel better and now this. I am literally an inch away from ripping someone a new a**hole in the morning and I feel like I want to start with him! I'm so mad right now!!!

Pelican 04-18-2011 04:40 AM

I keep my ringer turned off at night.

The alarm function still works with the ringer turned off.

laurie6781 04-18-2011 04:47 AM

Do not respond!!!! Ignore!!!!!!

If it continues, change your number and only give to those who you know will not give to the Ex.

Have you tried those 6 meetings or more of AlAnon yet, to find a meeting where you feel just a teeny bit comfortable?

AlAnon will help you oodles and oodles.

Please keep posting and let us know how YOU are doing as we do care.

Love and hugs,

duqld1717 04-18-2011 07:05 AM

Thanks guys! I had such a bad weekend because I was like who is playing a joke on me? It just reminds me of grade school when kids pick on each other. I feel like this is 5th grade all over again. I do go to AlAnon and I am still going. When I first started going, I could barely sit through a meeting without crying from all the PTSD i was repressing. I'm ok now and I actually find it uplifting and its helping me to stay strong and clear headed. But things like this just make me go 2 steps back. I go 5 steps ahead then 2 steps back. This just shows how completely immature and bored they both are. I'm trying so hard to rise above this and just blow it off.

Tuffgirl 04-18-2011 07:23 AM

I'd change my number. That'll end this. And feel very good about myself that I don't have to stoop to that level of immaturity, nor drag others along for the ride.

Hollyanne 04-18-2011 07:28 AM

I suppose a little ad in the local supermarket giving their names and asking anyone who has slept with them to get checked out at a local STD free clinic would be a bit childish?
OK, OK

Seren 04-18-2011 09:30 AM

Maybe save the texts, take them to the police with the information you got from one of the "callers", and file a harrassment complaint?

Hugs, HG

wanttobehealthy 04-18-2011 09:36 AM

I'm so sorry-- that's just insane on their part. You're done and not with him and yet HE and his new gf are both spending their time focussed on you? Goes to show just how big their issues are. Could you imagine being with a new bf and spending your time planning and acting in ways to "get at" your ex. That's just insanity.

Buffalo66 04-18-2011 09:37 AM

I have had experience witht his...

And I can tell you from my experience, it is less likely that HE is involved in it, than the idea that it is just her.

She probably stalks his phone, as I have with My RAH, when he was a lousy drunk.
She probably has issues...
She probably feels threatened or jealous of you, OR she is being fed a load of crap about how much of a villain you are.

Either way, she probably figured out which number was yours and she gets loaded, and she gives your number out.

It doesnt seem likely that she would be doing that in front of him.

I just always found that the caliber of woman that my A would attract while he was drunk, at the bar all the time was just this type.

And there have been a few calls to my number late at night, however, ususally from a blocked phone .

One of these was from the psycho girl I have often mentioned. She had called me a few times, laughing on the ther line with her friends.

I actually told him about it, and he let her have it. He did not want anybody but himself doing drunken psycho Sh*t to me, LOL...

duqld1717 04-18-2011 10:23 AM

This is why I love SR! You guys are so supportive and you know what I'm going through. I would probably be in an insane asylum by now if it wasn't for you guys keeping me grounded lol.

To answer your question wanttobehealthy-NO i would never do that to an ex girlfriend of a guy I was dating even if he was talking sh*t about her and making her out to be a villian. I would take what he was saying and I would get to know him on my own. I would not need to explore his past through ex girlfriends and I would form my own opinion. I'm just not malicious like that and I guess I consider myself somewhat of a mature 25 year old. I've always been ahead of my time maturity wise like an "older soul" I guess you could call it. I don't get thrills from making other people feel uncomfortable and I respect other women. Also, if I had a new boyfriend right now I wouln't be wasting my time trying to torture my XABF.

Buffalo-I agree with you on them attracting people just like them. I love how you said before in another thread about their plugs and outlets matching and you proved me right. He is not attracting some mature level headed woman and this stunt over the weekend proves that. He is attracting his equal. She just proved how immature, drunk, silly, and insecure she is-Just like him! Birds of a feather flock together. In this case, drunks attract drunks.

I guess I am chalking this up as a sign from my HP to let go. I spent so much time thinking that this new girl was better for him and that I was a nag for calling him out on being drunk all the time and it was my fault. Well, now I kind of have proof that their relationship doesn't seem to be going peachy keen or why would she be doing that? I love how little blessings come to us when we least expect it.

wanttobehealthy 04-18-2011 03:55 PM

To answer your question wanttobehealthy-NO i would never do that to an ex girlfriend of a guy I was dating even if he was talking sh*t about her and making her out to be a villian.
Oops- here's where tone gets lost in writing on line... I was being VERY SARCASTIC with my question.... I know you wouldn't do that-- no one in their right mind would do that!

I am so sorry that my post wasn't clear.... That would have been just plain obnoxious if I was really asking you that.... It never crossed my mind for a second that you or anyone on here would do that!

stacylove 04-18-2011 04:02 PM

As silly as it sounds, my friends and I used to pull this prank on each other in college. However, we never did it to our ex-boyfriends. You obviously still have a hold on him and he's not quite over you. I would tell him about the calls if you still talk to him? and say you are bringing it to the police just to scare him. Also changing your number is probably a good idea. I guess getting even is childish but leaving his number at the supermarket does sound pretty funny, but of course this would just add fuel to the fire.

Good luck to you

duqld1717 04-18-2011 04:12 PM

Originally Posted by wanttobehealthy (Post 2939284)
Oops- here's where tone gets lost in writing on line... I was being VERY SARCASTIC with my question.... I know you wouldn't do that-- no one in their right mind would do that!

I am so sorry that my post wasn't clear.... That would have been just plain obnoxious if I was really asking you that.... It never crossed my mind for a second that you or anyone on here would do that!

Wanttobehealthy-I didn't mind that you asked me that! Not at all. I knew you were just kidding, I just felt like answering anyway. Thanks for being supportive and I'm glad you see the rediculousness in my situation that I'm going through right now, as do I!