new, nervous, scared, lonely

Old 04-17-2011, 08:40 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Yeah it is all fun and games until you see the veins pop out of their forehead and neck..I had to marry the biggest @hole in the city too. It just makes me mad that I took so long for it to dawn on me..After he went to jail he was really remorseful. So I eventually thought maybe the anger management that the court sentenced him to worked. He didn't hit me again after that..but then started to revert to the ever so fun...Silent Treatment. ANYWAY I knew I had a nutcase on my hands..just took a LONG time to get to the other side and see it. What you described is about the same chain of events up to the broken nose. Wtf. They have some brain scan they can do to tell if someone is prone to violence. To hell with a background check..Next guy I get involved with will have his @ss hauled in to the brain scan people at the hospital.
Old 04-18-2011, 11:18 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

I think everyone here will agree...

Originally Posted by drowninginair View Post
thanks i still feel like if i didnt always "bother" him and "call" him and try to keep him away from drinking and kept my mouth shut like some big freaken idiot this would not have happened.
...it is not your fault that he is this way. It is entirely his issue...
Many of us early on in our journey wonder whether we did something to cause or increase drinking related behaviour in our loved one.

We invariably learn that it is not the case at all.

Take care..

VJ
Old 04-18-2011, 09:32 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Thinking of you drowninginair. I hope you enjoyed your Al-anon meeting. ***Big Hugs***