Is he going to change if...

Old 04-17-2011, 06:02 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

There is only one scenario in which he might change, and that's if he wants to and fully immerses himself in a program of recovery.

That's it. There is no other scenario. There is not one thing you can do to change this. No matter how much you try. You can't love somebody into recovery.

Sorry,

Cyranoak
Old 04-18-2011, 07:07 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

I need to go through this thread and hit the "thanks" button for everyone's replies! Deep down I know he is not going to change, and he is trying to get me to back off already (even though I didn't ask him to quit). He hasn't had a drink fro two days, and he keeps texting me things like , "I really want a beer right now", and "see why I need to drink".

Seriously! He was angry with me because I went to my brother's house to exercise on Saturday. (He was stuck at work, and I was out having fun) How many parties and things has he been to, when I didn't even let myself see my brother that often, and didn't have any friends at all. He would often stay out ALL NIGHT and go directly to work the following day without even giving me a call to let me know where he was. And he has the nerve to get angry with me for going to my brother's house for two hours in the afternoon, with the kids. Grrrr. Sorry, had to let that out.