Wish I never got on the ride.......

Old 04-15-2011, 05:59 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Thank you.

Addiction hurts and steals from all of us children as well. I can't help but ache for our entire home. Him because he is sick. My girls because they loose again, and I hold the cards............. I feel responsible. I need help too I am not innocent here. I fear looking down the bottle to numb the pain of loosing him.
Old 04-15-2011, 09:22 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

***Big Hugs*** Hang in there sweetie! We are all here for you. ♥
Old 04-16-2011, 07:35 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

I am right with you but getting on another train, the one out of CRAZYLAND!! It might not feel it to you right now, but hitting bottom is good. I know when I finally did, it brought some relief even though I knew it was going to be a tuff road ahead of me. I just keep thinking, this road is tuff but staying in CRAZYLAND is going to be alot harder!

All aboard to exiting CARZYLAND, go to train #1 where YOU will number 1 for a change!

Oh and here are some big HUGS coming your way!
Old 04-16-2011, 09:25 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Yes, good to see you acknowledge that you also need help.

One thing I learned is that, if you weren't codependent BEFORE loving an alcoholic, you will certainly be one AFTER. The disease turns you into one. No way to avoid it unless you're religiously working a program.

Originally Posted by iloveme View Post
Thank you.

Addiction hurts and steals from all of us children as well. I can't help but ache for our entire home. Him because he is sick. My girls because they loose again, and I hold the cards............. I feel responsible. I need help too I am not innocent here. I fear looking down the bottle to numb the pain of loosing him.
Old 04-16-2011, 09:49 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Yes my biggest fear of when I leave my AH (one month and counting)
will be the withdrawls I'm going to go through! And all the work I'll be having to do on myself!

Biggggggg Hugggggggs to you iloveme! In a way, we really are all in this together! Although we have to each go through certain things on our own.
It's nice to have this big virtual family to bring us hugs!

When I board the train out of Crazyland.... the destination will be ME!