Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > Friends and Family > Friends and Family of Alcoholics
Reload this Page >

There's no light at the end of the tunnel... its the whole sun out there!!

There's no light at the end of the tunnel... its the whole sun out there!!

Old 04-04-2011, 10:45 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
A jug fills drop by drop

Arrow There's no light at the end of the tunnel... its the whole sun out there!!

I listened to that phrase today in TV and it made me remember you, wonderful SR people.

I keep you all in my thoughts these days. Yes, there is the whole sun out there... I can feel it. Shining for US. Waiting for us to welcome its warmth, and its hope.

Today I abandoned myself in several ways but I am resolved to do better tomorrow.

I have cut contact with my recent ex (we still went out here and there) and I have also gone No Contact with my dad, with the support of my therapist.

I was able to realize I feel better when I don't have contact with them. And I have stopped to feel guilty about this.

I need great men in my life. Otherwise there's no point. I am tired of what I went through mostly due to males in my family. I have done some analysis of them in my therapy. They:

-abandoned their family
-have NO capacity for empathy AT ALL
-are/have been selfish
-are manipulative
-lack tact
-have shown rejection and disrespect towards women at many times
-take females for granted
-have not "been there" but can quack a lot saying how much "they are there" - when I can see how others who I barely know, care more about me.

(Not to say the female counterparts didn't have a 50% role in the dramas that unfolded though, but with females I don't have that many trust issues)

Anyway I am still in the anger phase, but I prefer it over sadness. Its been a while since I felt like crying. I guess I am able to see how it can be like, what a normal day can look like (friends, uplifting songs, hopes, high energy, health, peace of mind) and now I am angry for all the time and energy I have lost believing lies about myself and about relationships and about life in general.

At least now its up to me... the sun has been shining this whole time... I was just wearing dark glasses... and now I can take them off.

Thanks for letting me share and walk with you in this journey
Old 04-04-2011, 10:59 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

(((hugs)))

Thank you for this post!!! It's full of encouragement and strength and hope, and that's exactly what I was craving and needing tonight!!!
Old 04-04-2011, 11:14 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
A jug fills drop by drop

Ugh... I guess it was "on TV" not "in TV"??? ah, I never got it right, when to use "in" and when to use "on"....

(((hugs back, lillamy)))

PS

I LOVE my box and my kick boxing lessons, I am even going to buy some gloves and hang them on my wall !! a reminder that YES... I can fight back: the old ideas, the isolation, the misery, the unworthiness, the chaos, the lack of trust, the resentment !! all that stuff looks better in the past.

YAY for not feeling a victim of the world anymore! this IS a new sensation for me... so far I like it
Old 04-05-2011, 07:48 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thanks, TC, for this hopeful post. For some reason I wound up really blah yesterday afternoon and by the time I got home from a meeting, was in tears. I think the sadness sometimes creeps up on me and overshadows everything great in my life for a little bit. Still at very little contact with the RAH. Only text msgs for business reasons. It's been two weeks (or three now?) of this and although I am grateful for the reprieve from the anger and hostility, I am now cycling through grief again.

It is nice to know there is a whole sun out there. Hoping to see it shining on me today.
Old 04-05-2011, 09:58 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I had a real down day yesterday-had gone totally NC with the ex after his latest binge 2 weeks ago. During that time, I did a lot of thinking about our relationship and how much it had consumed me - enough to put my life on hold in hopes of him getting and staying sober.

Any emails he sent to me (he wouldn't call as I refused to get into this crap when he was drinking) I deleted as I knew that to reply, to call would start the whole cycle once again.

Yesterday, I got the "Goodbye' email, the usual stuff and after scanning it quickly, I deleted it. In spite of the relief I had been feeling, I was pretty sad and the tears did come. The grief came and instead of fighting it, I let it all out. I cried and cried and cried but after, felt better, very tired, extremely drained but better.

It rained hard yesterday (it always does-I live on the West Coast) and I got soaked as I did my errands - one of which was to pick up my books for the accounting courses I start in May. A new beginning with the courses and an end when I saw the email.

Today is another day. The sun is out, the birds are chirping and as the old song says "I WILL survive," one day at a time.
Old 04-05-2011, 10:27 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by TakingCharge999 View Post
Ugh... I guess it was "on TV" not "in TV"??? ah, I never got it right, when to use "in" and when to use "on"...
TC, your English is better than mine.

Thank you for sharing!
Old 04-06-2011, 03:03 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Hi TC,
so glad to hear you're doing well.

HUGS
sesh