The things they do...

Old 04-02-2011, 03:06 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Happy Birthday! Go do something nice for you!

I too get the mushy cards and while I would like to think they come from a place down deep in his heart, I also know it is way more likely they are part of his dance.... sadly.

My last birthday was the worst... it ended in a huge argument and me crying my eyes out. I was so depressed. It should have been my bottom, but it wasn't. I was sucked back into his dance a few weeks later, thinking once again he "got it". I hit my bottom shortly thereafter. It did show me how truly sick he is, so I guess in a strange way I am thankful it happened.
Old 04-02-2011, 03:37 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

For my birthday my AH gave me a book about how physics created the world and he says to me that's what he believes and maybe when I read it we can discuss it. Gee thanks, just what I want to talk about.

I suppose I should have never complained few birthdays before this last one when he took time off from work to go on a day trip to buy me some earrings, he had lunch by the ocean. He never could understand that I just wanted him to take some time to have lunch with me, just a little break from being overwhelmed caring for a 1, 5 and 8 year old.

This was before I realized he planned everything around being able to drink and function at work and just be physically present at home.
Old 04-02-2011, 03:41 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Leave it to an AH to ruin a perfectly fine birthday! Life revolves around them even on your birthday lol. And you know since he has a disease, you do too, so sorry, it's contagious sort of like an STD but you have no protection from it. Codependency is no fun, but reserved just for nice people like you.

Forget about him if just for today and enjoy your birthday, today is all about YOU!
Old 04-02-2011, 03:49 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JRG!!!

Hope you find sometime to do something nice for yourself.

Sorry I got caught up in my complaining on my last post.