I should have known

Old 03-29-2011, 08:34 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I should have known

xah has been talking to the kids about getting 50-50 placement so it was time to have a discussion with him about talking to me about that subject matter, not a 6 year old and a 10 year old.

So I did and said since things were going so well with the kids (I did not mention and the kids said you are not drinking around them-why toss a bomb) let's get together and discuss changing the placement arrangement. I then asked him how he was going to take care of them at night when he was at work and he said get a babysitter. I told him a babysitter for a little while was OK but not overnights (our 6 year old still has horrible nightmares about his time in the orphanage and hospital when he was in Russia). A stranger (or even someone he sort of knows) is not going to be able to provide him the comfort and reassurance a parent can.

But I told xah again we can discuss it and maybe try some things over the summer to see how it will go (I really do not think it will go well so I don't want to make it official--he already has me take the kids when he has late gigs). His response-wow it would be so great if we did 50-50 because then I could buy a house.

So his thoughts are not now I can see the kids more because I miss him (which is what he is always spouting off about). It is about not having to pay child support and buying a house.

I just said, sure, and closed the door and rolled my eyes.