SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Friends and Family of Alcoholics (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/friends-family-alcoholics/)
-   -   OT: about the BOSS (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/friends-family-alcoholics/223099-ot-about-boss.html)

fourmaggie 03-25-2011 09:41 AM

OT: about the BOSS

so, if anyone noticed, I am at home YEP

i have complained about the boss here a few times...and it just got worse...

I called the Ministry of Labour on the hunch...
turns out he&she has not been paying me properly...no driving time was ever paid for home....and coming home from a clients home about 15 mins driving time to get back to the company to drop of company car....that is 1/2 an hour every single day...thats not including going to one client to another...
SO? I filed a claim with Ministry of Labour to look into the matter....

i got my letter and boss got theirs...i had a meeting about my claim with the boss, it was the usual intimidating and bullying behaviour that i expected. that was Friday. Monday morning i got a phone call from him, dont bother coming into work i am Laid off.

:headbange the law claims he is not allowed to do this...long story short, the claim is now investigated by an officer, and the boss has put in an ad to hire a new girl....(which i saved and copy for the ministry)

still have not received Records of Employment...but i have filed for that...so..i am here...learning and listening to you all...and enjoying my time off...because...well, I will now get retro for a year....if my claim is good...gosh i got pass proof of what he owes..pay stubs, weekly work scdules...and my journals.....

I am not taking his/her crap....he has been asking about me to my co-workers...i think some one is scared??:c031:

thanks for letting me vent....:tyou

Ponder 03-25-2011 09:46 AM

All I can say is Bravo to you for fighting this. Since I'm new, I don't know your whole story, but just from this post it sounds horrid.

fourmaggie 03-25-2011 09:56 AM

ooh yea did i mention she is an addict? he is an arrogant man...because he is just that...A MAN with I.S.Ms

StarCat 03-25-2011 10:04 AM

Good for you, fourmaggie!
I'll be rooting for you.
It does sound like he's scared.
Good luck!

:hug:

fourmaggie 03-25-2011 10:06 AM

sometimes..with As or NAs or anybody in our lives...we just need to do what is right for us...and well, not get away with it...needs to be responsible for his/her behaviour, well, thats how i see it anyhow....

barb dwyer 03-25-2011 04:55 PM

I had a boss who was fighting unemployment
and I sent him a message through someone who worked there...

I said "tell him two words for me drug.test.'
he dropped all complaints and I enjoyed ENJOYED every last week of that unemployment.

Second -

I'd be very very careful about saying anything to employees there. Becasue when it comes down to it - they're always going to protect their jobs. something us codies can't understand - so I'd say "I can't talk about it any more officially".
Let them that THAT back to him.

good for YOU!!!!

theuncertainty 03-26-2011 12:47 AM

Good for you FourMaggie for standing up for yourself! :scoregood Sorry that you're dealing with this, though. :grouphug:

fourmaggie 03-26-2011 01:12 PM

@Barb...i am laying low since he "laid me off" , Got separation slips (Record of Employment) on Friday and it now says DISMISSAL..hummm...I have not talked to anyone...but then its hard, they are STUCK and feel they have no place to go, except there to work...I am worth more than the LIES....

fourmaggie 03-31-2011 04:33 PM

I just wanted to let everyone know that i just heard from the investigater officer today and well, i quote.."this is gonna be a fun claim for me, i have never in 30 years seen someone so stupid"....

I am pleased that its a female officer, and i hope to get a good run for his EMOTIONS like he did out of me....once(when i 1st started).....

this is gonna be an interesting process....but i am ready...

Impurrfect 03-31-2011 04:37 PM

Sounds like good news (((Maggie))). Good for you, for standing up for yourself!

Hugs and prayers,

Amy

StarCat 03-31-2011 06:05 PM

Originally Posted by fourmaggie (Post 2918494)
"this is gonna be a fun claim for me, i have never in 30 years seen someone so stupid"....

This made me laugh.
Hooray for you getting the help that you need!
And hooray for investigative officers enjoying their job.

:rotfxko

pixilation 03-31-2011 07:07 PM

That gave me a giggle too, sounds like it's going to turn out well for you(and hopefully the other employees too)