according to codependant no more

Old 03-25-2011, 06:05 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

according to codependant no more

alcoholics will drink until they get appropriate treatments.

oh so does that mean i cant be angry at my next door neighbor who tells me he is getting clean etc etc and then 1 day later gets arrested. ffs i hate sick drinkers. i hate my neighbor today barsteward is a rotten drunk
Old 03-25-2011, 06:43 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

ignore this post - i got all needy and stuff after experiencing a major purple cloud comedown
Old 03-25-2011, 08:09 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Belgian Sheepdog Adictee

(((((Kevin)))))

I know that you have posted that you yourself are in fairly early recovery and I remember wanting all of those folks that I knew that drank like me to find what I was finding, sheesh (I wanted to save the world). Fortunately, I had a sponsor that pointed out to me that the only one I could save was myself. She had to point that out over and over my first 9 months or so, lol

I was 3 years sober when I started AlAnon, again on my AA sponsors advice, as I had been married for 1 1/2 years by then to a 'sober' alkie (who was exhibiting his addiction behavior by gambling now).

So, how about working on you and keeping your contact if any with your neighbor to a bare minimum. You cannot help him, but you can help yourself to get a firm foundation in recovery.

J M H O

Love and hugs,
Old 03-25-2011, 09:15 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

So, how about working on you and keeping your contact if any with your neighbor to a bare minimum. You cannot help him, but you can help yourself to get a firm foundation in recovery

been doing that for a while :> its early recovery mate but hes a very sick drunk so hes always knocking.

reading codependency no more has helped some-for example he just knocked round now asking to borrow £2 [he already owes me a tenner] and i turned him down, I even had the courage to remind him he has my spare TV set next door [which he does].

I used to be deeply deeply codie laurie so was deeply attached to this guy before a recent [last 2/3 weeks] withdrawal.

om kevin
Old 03-25-2011, 09:25 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
I AM CANADIAN

"NO" is a complete sentence...does not hurt you and should not hurt the other person....it is your right...you dont owe this person anything...you do not need to answer the door, you do not need to answer the phone if its him or anyone else...

three C's
you did not cause this
you can not control this
and there is not cure for this...

remember that and life at your pace will come together