I miss the man I loved

Old 12-15-2015, 09:15 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I miss the man I loved

I saw a video of my ex husband and his face just flashed before my eyes... For a moment I remembered all the good times and the way he'd make me laugh. I miss him and wonder where he is.. It's been years..
Old 12-15-2015, 09:40 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I'm sorry you are hurting, friend. Peace to you .
Old 12-15-2015, 09:51 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

It's sad when you see who they usto be, and who they could be......

Hugs to you.
Old 12-15-2015, 10:06 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Oh, I know how you feel...but I am still married to mine...and I was just thinking about this. I miss the man that I fell in love with..the sober one...I guess it just means that there is something good in all the A's in our lives otherwise we wouldn't have picked them...it's good to remember the good times...but remember they probably didn't last every day...
Old 12-15-2015, 10:31 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Killer, I understand how you feel. I just finished hauling a bunch of XAH's tools, boxes of nails and screws, all that building/fixing stuff, out to my brother's pole shed since XAH wasn't getting it out of my house in a timely fashion. It was really sad--he is (or used to be, I guess) a man who could use all those tools competently and do a good job at a variety of things. He hasn't used most of them in years.

Years ago, he cut mats for pictures for me using a steel straight edge and an X-acto knife and did every bit as good a job w/as nice a beveled edge as the expensive framing places. This past summer I asked him to cut 3 mats for me. He outright ruined one and did a poor job on the other 2, w/notches at the corners and so on. He asked if I was mad about it. I said no, I'm just incredibly sad. Don't know if he understood...

And the loss of those skills is a loss of a big part of who he is, or was. He had patience, physical strength, attention to detail, the desire and ability to learn and pride in the end product. It's so very, very sad to see it go to waste. I miss my A too, Killer.