Are the Mental Health staff enabling? Or am I crazy?

Old 07-11-2011, 05:19 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
A work in progress

Great to hear from you, Lilly! Glad things are going so well--hope they will continue.

I know what you mean about sometimes needing a break.

Now, to move on to the REALLY burning question: WTF is the "duck and bottle" story??
Old 07-11-2011, 05:29 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Hahaha LexieCat! Here it is:

Duck in the bottle:

There was once an old wise man that had a duck swimming in a bottle that promised serenity.

One day a young man came by to ask the old wise man a question - The young man had heard the wise man had the secret to serenity.

The old man handed the young man the bottle and told him that if he could get the duck out of the bottle, without breaking the bottle or killing the duck he would find serenity. The old wise man told him to come back in two weeks.

The young man returned after two weeks. He explained that he couldn't get the duck out without killing it or breaking the bottle. The old man told him to go back; you are not ready to find serenity. Come back in two weeks.

The young man returned again after two weeks, and told the old man...I think I know how to do it! I can cut the top of the bottle off and slip the duck out that way. The old man smiled and said no... You cannot break the bottle or kill the duck. You are not ready to find serenity. Come back in two weeks.

Two weeks later the young man returned again. This time with a huge smile on his face. I figured it out old wise man! I know how to find serenity!

He handed the bottle with the duck inside back to the old man and said

“It’s not my duck, & it’s not my bottle".

I found this on my Alanon FB page...wish I knew who wrote it to give proper credit!
Old 07-11-2011, 05:33 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
A work in progress

LOL,

Kewl, I figured it was some kind of story like that. Thanks for sharing it, a great one to add to my collection!