Sort of OT: Silly Pet Analogy

Old 03-08-2011, 03:51 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Sort of OT: Silly Pet Analogy

I have found the most wonderful pet. He is fun, enthusiastic, loyal, playful and housebroken. I love taking him for walks and cuddling on the couch with him. He is everything I have ever wanted or hoped for in a pet. I feel we have a connection that goes deeper than just pet and owner.

There is one problem. He is a lion and often eats people. I have spoken to him about this time and time again, and he promises to do better, but then something happens and he goes ahead and eats someone. I have a hard time keeping him out of trouble, and my relationship with my friends and family has suffered because they don’t trust him. Sometimes I even worry that he might end up eating me.

Please don’t tell me to get rid of him. I didn’t understand about the eating people part at first, and by the time I figured it out, we already had a strong emotional connection. Aside from eating people, he is just fantastic. I am never happier than when we are together during those times when he isn’t eating people. Sometimes when he does eat people I question my decision to let him stay with me. It makes me very confused.

I wish there were some way to make him understand that if he really values our relationship, he needs to stop eating people. I have tried to get him to eat things other than people, but he says he likes eating people best. He says that this is just the way he is and that I shouldn’t try to change him. He says that the only problem we have is that I don’t want him to eat people. Sometimes I think he is right, but there is a part of me deep down that knows I shouldn’t have a lion that enjoys eating people as a pet.

Thanks for listening.
Old 03-08-2011, 03:53 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

:rotfxko

In a very bittersweet way.

But still... :rotfxko

Thanks!
Old 03-08-2011, 04:32 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
A work in progress

OMG, how funny is that.

Actually, it isn't unlike the way alcoholics feel about the "beast" of their disease. I know folks who post on a "moderate drinking" forum (I know, I know), who liken the whole thing to taming their pet dragon. Sheesh. Some things you CANNOT tame.
Old 03-08-2011, 07:46 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Today is a New Day

Thank you for that!
Old 03-08-2011, 07:49 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

That is hilarious!

If I only could have gone vegetarian!

Beth