SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Friends and Family of Alcoholics (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/friends-family-alcoholics/)
-   -   OT - I bought a house today! (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/friends-family-alcoholics/221762-ot-i-bought-house-today.html)

Tuffgirl 03-07-2011 07:46 PM

OT - I bought a house today!

Two months early than my original plan, but found a great steal on a little "patio home" in my daughters' school district. My counter was accepted today at 5pm my time. I got them to pay closings so I can afford the down. I am so excited! :dance1: Backs a green belt with a little creek running behind the property line.

My house, My furniture, My rules (which includes stout in the fridge), My peace, My serenity, My paint colors, My wild comforter with the big red flowers on it, My very own bathroom (thank you HP!), My garage, My TV (and remote), My life back!! I get my life back!!!!!!!!!!!

Now off to an Al-Anon meeting - don't want to start that life off on the wrong foot, after all I have gone through to get it back in the first place!

I am so happy! It was a happy Monday, afterall!

:dance1a:

LexieCat 03-07-2011 07:48 PM

OMG, that's SOOO exciting!!

Um, you DID check for collapsing retaining walls in the back yard, didn't ya? :)

(can you tell I'm fixated?)

tjp613 03-07-2011 07:48 PM

Awesome!! What a great feeling, eh??

Tuffgirl 03-07-2011 08:14 PM

No worries about retaining walls - there is a sump pump in the crawl space but the creek is far enough that it would have to be a massive flood for it to reach the house. The house sits up a hill from the creek.

I am so excited - and so relieved....so relieved. This is my path (thanks again HP!) and it feels right. Good energy! Now...onto replacing furniture that I gave away to marry an alcoholic...luckily that seems like the easy part of this whole mess!

theuncertainty 03-07-2011 09:25 PM

Yay, Tuffgirl! (I am so jealous.). :)

BobbyJ 03-07-2011 09:35 PM

Pajama Party....Lets call it your Birthday!

THE NEW YOU!!!:day1

Babyblue 03-07-2011 09:36 PM

Congratulations!!! It is a great feeling.

I am in about my 3rd year of buying my own house.

The furnace conked out so the honeymoon IS over :-/ but at least it is MY broken down furnace and no one elses!

:)

brokenheartfool 03-07-2011 10:04 PM

Congrats Tuffgirl, how exciting!

bookwyrm 03-08-2011 01:34 AM

Fantastic!! Time for the happy dance!
:nanarock:bananadan:banana:

threewishes 03-08-2011 04:38 AM

Way cool Tuffgirl!!! Congratulations!!

tallulah 03-08-2011 04:45 AM

Yaaaaay.. congrats! :c011:

Verbena 03-08-2011 05:18 AM

Congratulations! Your own roof over your head. Home Sweet Home--a sanctuary. Serenity. That's great!

DonnaJL 03-08-2011 05:43 AM

That's awesome, congratulations! Free at last...free at last!!!

zrx1200R 03-08-2011 06:03 AM

Great to hear. BRAVO!

barb dwyer 03-08-2011 06:54 AM

WOOHOO!!!!:scoregood

StarCat 03-08-2011 07:15 AM

How exciting!
:a122:

Congratulations!

wicked 03-08-2011 07:30 AM

Tuffgirl,

That is the coolest news ever! I am excited for you. Yay!

Now is the time for the great Codie Housewarming Party!
:ring

Beth

Tuffgirl 03-08-2011 07:37 AM

Thanks all. Yes, home sweet Serenity. After being told over and over we weren't financially ready for this - the same bank offered me a great mortgage and said "yes you are ready" and even made me coffee while I was waiting. Aren't ready - quack.

Did I mention it needs a lot of updating? But I am so excited to dive right in that I made a list last night of all the tools I will need to borrow from my Dad! Some jobs I've done lots of times, others never but I am confident I can do it well. That's what SR and Al-Anon have done for me; given me my confidence back. Now, that's a great feeling!

Thank you all again for sharing in this moment with me. My RAH is threatening divorce over this and so mad I postponed any marital sessions together for the time being. And you know what...I don't care! I just don't care anymore. I have my life back, and that overshadows any quacking coming my way.

Happy Tuesday, all!

ItsmeAlice 03-08-2011 09:11 AM

Congratulations!!!! I hope to be right behind you in buying a home. My closing is supposed to be at the end of April. I'm praying it all comes together!

wicked 03-08-2011 09:38 AM

:tyou

Thank you everyone for sharing your homeowning dreams come true.
I am working on getting a place next year.
My credit is not the best, but I am working on it.
I can get a VA home loan.
When I read of others in their own little place, it motivates me.

I think I want to go to Georgia or North Carolina.

:ring

Beth