Saw Sonny tonight

Old 11-11-2003, 05:43 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Unhappy Saw Sonny tonight

[B][FONT=arial][COLOR=purple]

Sonny called and asked to see me. I went and we met in a neutral area. He was pushing all the "Mommy buttons" in a hard way. I cried a little on the way home...but YEA!!! I was dry eyed by the time I pulled in to the driveway. I was able to see..even as he was doing it..that he was just attempting to manipulate me..and I resisted! I didn't give him any money..even though he played the "I'm so hungry" card. I didn't fork over cash when he said that there was a pair of pants on sale that would be great for interviews..Yeah right!

Funny thing is...almost the whole way home all I could think about was getting here...and getting to the board. For the first time in a very long while I didn't care if Sonny saw me as a good or a bad mom. I know that I am a good mom. I didn't let him guilt me in to doing something that I knew would be bad for me.

I stopped on the way home and got me a Dr. Pepper and some Chedder Chex Mix (my comfort foods) and came straight to the computer. Wah Hoo. His hold is lessening. You should have seen the look in his eyes when the wallet didn't magically come out of the purse to fund him. The hubby says you should see the look on my face.

Oh, I know that I am not out of the woods yet...but I had a minor breakthrough tonight. I was able to ask him why he stole stuff from my house when he left this last time...I was able to ask it without sounding like I was apologizing. I asked a question and I wanted an answer...I didn't get it of course..He didn't do nuthin. Same song..different day to hear it...and I didn't start dancing to it!!

At the end of the conversation I was able to get back in the Jeep and drive myself home. I kissed his cheek...wished him well and left. Just like that. I didn't beg him to stop drinking..I didnt ask him to come home...I didn't ask for any promises that I know he can't/won't keep. Just a hug and I was out of there. Who wheeee.
Old 11-11-2003, 05:48 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
JT
Supply Manager

Mom!

Wooo Hooo is right! One down and the rest will get easier!

Chex Mix?? You deserve Turtle Cheesecake!

Hugs,
JT
Old 11-11-2003, 05:56 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

LovingMom

Wooo Hooo from me too!!!! When my son used to start like that I would imagine his lips turning into a beak and the sound turn into QUACKING! It helped me keep my sense of humour and it helped me keep my wallet in my purse.

Wow - Neutral turf, no money, calm disposition...triple Wow.

And like you, I feel all of you with me when I am in a dicey situation. I can hear you all cheering right behind me and I can feel you holding my purse shut. I'll bet you didn't know that we were all there with you LOL.

Hugs and a huge pat on the back
Ann
Old 11-11-2003, 05:58 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
I used to work here ;)

Lovingmom,

It sounds like you did great! One day at a time, one step at a time. Enjoy your treats, you deserve them!

Many hugs,
Debbie
Old 11-11-2003, 06:53 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Paused

(((lovingmom)))
enabling: to do for someone what they are capable of doing
themselves.
This was the topic of last nights meeting. It got deep
as we all had comments. To one it meant they had to turn loose of
their addicted adult child, to another it was more complicated as
her father commited suicide and her adult child had the tendancies. What it all meant to me was each person deciding on their own experience,strength and hope to lead them with the help of their HP to the answers and decisions they made.
For you lovingmom it brought you to make the tough decisions you've had to make. There are no right or wrong answers in these
rooms but lots of love and support and its one more reason why I need this program with all my being.
sending you lots of hugs this day
liddy
Old 11-11-2003, 07:21 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I love those moments! Kudos!
Old 11-13-2003, 06:51 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

*****!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Good job!!
And way to get your comfort foods...mine is definitely not salty or pop...CHOCOLATE all the way!!

Way to go again..be proud and keep that feeling in your mind whenever he tries to push those moments!!!

Sped teach