It's me-Daybreak

Old 03-04-2011, 01:22 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

It's me-Daybreak

I've done it again. Gawd.
AH paroled to where I am. It's been almost three weeks. Initially, seemed genuine change. Now feels like it always did. Went to Al-Anon today for the first time in months.

We had an argument in the car yesterday. He was not drunk nor has he been drinking -- in fact, he's been consistent about AA and I have gone along a few times. He jammed his foot on top of my foot on the accelerator and pushed the speed up --- I don't know how fast. My heart was in my mouth. He has apologized twice.

Opinions, please. (Yes, really -- opinions. Don't hold back. I might have to iron my hand.) I won't be able to check again soon because I have to use the library computer since I gave up cable and Internet. Thanks.
Old 03-04-2011, 01:25 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

What are you getting out of this?

Seems like a wild and dangerous ride to me. You can choose to get off.
Old 03-04-2011, 01:27 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
RIP Sweet Suki

The guy is a jerk and an abuser. Anyone who would do that to you while you are driving a car is a total azz. My opinion...he used to be a drunk azzhole, and now he's just an azzhole. You deserve better.
Old 03-04-2011, 01:45 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Document everything. His actions in the car could have killed you and himself. He clearly can't control his anger. Do you really want to live with someone like that? Why was he was in jail in the first place. Did he hurt someone.

If he does something like that again, I'd walk out and call the police.
Old 03-04-2011, 01:53 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Thanks for the confirmation. My time is almost used up, but I'm glad your opinions came in before I leave the library.

Yup, I've gone the extra mile four times and this is the last mile. He's not just an alcoholic, he's mentally deranged. I wasn't sure of that until now. Sly as serpent, gentle as a dove.