Insecurities

Old 11-14-2003, 10:26 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
believer

I really needed to read this today - thanks everyone. And I agree completely - the hole I have inside of me calls for a spiritual solution. I also need to detach from my own illness, b/c I am truly powerless over it. And I need to start finding God in my life.

And Sharlene? Please, I am the queen of jealously and insecurity!

Hugs to all,
JG
Old 11-14-2003, 02:19 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

I'm glad I brought up this topic because I thought I was the only one who was this way. I'm glad I'm not alone.

Ngaire
Old 11-14-2003, 02:46 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Paused

May I join

the ranks of Queendom? I believe women are more emotional than men...just another cruel fate from Mother Nature.

I too have insecure and jealous tendencies and sometimes I wonder, and am made to feel, that I too am the only one struggling w/these emotions. I have learned, and continue to learn, to stifle these feelings. It's not always easy and perhaps, it's not 'right'. I have a difficult time keeping these emotions to myself as I'm one who is always in "the need to know" mode, therefore, I wear my heart on my sleeve and tell all to those I think may care. Suffice it to say, I'm wrong alot of the times...either my negative feelings don't need to be known, or perhaps the person just doesn't care.

It's a struggle and although sometimes I feel like I'm going to burst at the seams, the need for validation passes, usually it shows up on it's own (w/out my prodding or asking questions, revealing insecurities) and actually makes me feel better because I didn't have to ask for reassurance.

(and I'm having a heckuvatime posting this message!!! Site says I'm not logged in!)
Old 11-14-2003, 05:27 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

((((myles1))))

I think so many of us can relate to your post. Thank you for being so open and sharing. The fact that you recognize your insecurities and desire to work on them is a big step in itself, don't forget that.

Hugs,
Old 11-15-2003, 06:45 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Well it took me awhile before I could post about it because I was feeling so stupid about feeling like that. Like I said before I thought I was the only one feeling like that. It's amazing what happens when you talk about stuff, just talking about it is a big help.

Ngaire