Time for me to leave

Old 03-02-2011, 02:49 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Hello another fellow Alaskan! I love that part of the flight too! It never fails to amaze me what a vast, beautiful state it is. I sure hope we have a good summer !

Okay, I had a bit of a freakout earlier. Just got all anxious and started that stupid second-guessing game that occasionally goes on in my head (remembering the good times, the nice things he's done for me, the fun we had, maybe his job will work out, maybe he's really serious this time, yada yada yada). I was totally immobilized. My emotions are a total roller coaster and I don't know from one minute to the other where I'll be. So I got some water, took a few deep breaths and went out to work in the garage some more. Sorting through tools and misc. stuff - I have my toolbox cleaned out and packed. One little area done. Man, I tell you what, Goodwill is gonna make out good with all the stuff I'm donating!
Old 03-02-2011, 03:35 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
I Love Who I Am

What a fantastic adventure! Embrace it!
Old 03-02-2011, 03:45 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
same planet...different world

Welcome to the forum

I've thoroughly enjoyed reading your thread.
You'll have a great journey home.

Every post is a little lighter than the last
did you notice?

Making the decision
and sticking with it
is such a great thing.

Take time to thank yourself!
Old 03-03-2011, 10:47 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Yes, it will be an adventure of a trip home - I'll get to drive through parts of the country I've never seen. I love to travel, and I love road trips .

Barb, I couldn't have told you I was feeling any lighter yesterday (due to my constant emotional roller coaster) but when I went back and re-read what I was written I think you are right. I have to attribute that to all the great encouragement and feedback I received from you all!

I've made a little more progress on things around the house, got out and cancelled the Y membership, returned a few new and unused things to a store....settling in to work for a bit now.

Hey, has anyone else noticed that when you're in the midst of a breakup EVERY single song on the radio seems to apply to you?? Got in the car this morning and Pearl Jam's Better Man started to play....sheeesh. I've felt that song applied to pretty much the entire duration of my short marriage.

In a good place RIGHT NOW (subject to change, of course ). Wishing a great day for all...
Old 03-03-2011, 11:01 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by threewishes View Post
Hey, has anyone else noticed that when you're in the midst of a breakup EVERY single song on the radio seems to apply to you?? Got in the car this morning and Pearl Jam's Better Man started to play....sheeesh. I've felt that song applied to pretty much the entire duration of my short marriage.
Eventually, I stopped listening to the radio because I kept getting mad or triggered. I just put together a playlist of empowering and happy songs for myself and grooved to those
Old 03-03-2011, 11:08 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  
Today is a New Day

Originally Posted by threewishes View Post
Hey, has anyone else noticed that when you're in the midst of a breakup EVERY single song on the radio seems to apply to you??
Yep. I have noticed the same thing!
In the beginning, it helped, because it brought to my attention a few feelings I had that I hadn't figured out/thought about/acknowledged.
But now, I listen to a CD.
Old 03-03-2011, 11:22 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by StarCat View Post
Yep. I have noticed the same thing!
In the beginning, it helped, because it brought to my attention a few feelings I had that I hadn't figured out/thought about/acknowledged.
But now, I listen to a CD.
I love music as a form of unexpected therapy. I find that I'm really sensitive to the words...doesn't matter what type of music it is. Drills straight to the center of my brain and plants seeds of discovery.