weird bad scary experience

Old 02-25-2011, 07:26 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

weird bad scary experience

I was at our town's very small airport late last night picking up a friend.

A man who is a buddy of my XAH and who I have always had a cordial relationship with was there picking someone up.

I said hello and made small talk and then he just turned and started screaming at me about something that is happening at my work. A decision I am not involved in. He has his facts all wrong.

But he was screaming at me about how I am unprofessional and he will see to it that my license is revoked and that I lose my job...

I was actually scared. And I could smell the alcohol and he was so irrational and abusive...it has been a long time since I was the victim of a drunken tirade.

I can't tell you all how happy I am not to be living like that on a daily basis anymore. It was awful. The good news is that because I am not involved with him, it didn't take me long to let myself off the hook for his accusations -he's just wrong about everything he said (in addition to being abusive, drunk and loud). I wasn't ever able to do that with my XAH because I was so tied up in a relationship with him and trying to give him the benefit of the doubt all the time. No wonder I was so crazy.
Old 02-25-2011, 08:27 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I've never in my life put up with that kind of talk from anyone other than my mother when I was a teenager and my AH. And, we'd been married over 30 years before he was ever rude or obnoxious toward me.

You post has reminded me of this fact. I need to think about this more.
Old 02-25-2011, 08:30 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Interesting perspective giving experience...
How does this person know anything abt your job decisions?

I would feel grateful for the reminder of terrible drunken crap, and I would also feel a little jarred.
Old 02-25-2011, 11:15 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
same planet...different world

wow.
Old 02-26-2011, 06:56 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Buffalo66 View Post
Interesting perspective giving experience...
How does this person know anything abt your job decisions?

I would feel grateful for the reminder of terrible drunken crap, and I would also feel a little jarred.
because he is a close friend of some people who are dealing with my office and not getting the results they want. For reasons that would take days to explain, rather than recognize that there are problems with their case, because I work there, they are convinced that I am the reason they aren't getting the results.

They don't know wth they're talking about. I am NOT involved in their case in any way. I don't make the decisions, I don't influence the prosecution. I am un-involved.

But based on my experience with the drunk, this unhappy couple is spreading lots of venom about me, and some people believe them.

I am definitely jarred. It was scary and unsettling. I don't know what there is to do about it.
Old 02-26-2011, 08:29 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

strange. I'd write it all down, emphasize the drinking indicators you observed, and had it all to someone at your work. Gotta CYA these days.

He probably will have no memory of it. But the threat is real to you. I suggest you can't let it go. Just in case.
Old 02-26-2011, 10:10 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

just another reminder of the benefits of being sober! thanks for posting!!