Whats wrong with me!!!

Old 02-18-2011, 01:12 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Whats wrong with me!!!

Emotional fool today....crying at the slightest thing. Snapping at people, have no patience at all, and this overwhelming feeling of loneliness.
I have no reason for it, things have been pretty good these days, my sister is sober, we are getting on well. I really dont know why I am feeling like this tonight.
Old 02-18-2011, 01:23 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

NTurn,

I wish I could fix it for you.

:ghug3

Here is a cyber hug.

Beth
Old 02-18-2011, 01:28 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

One of those days babe (?) Have a good cry, eat stuff which is bad for you, watch a weepy etc.

Tomorrow is another day.

Tx
Old 02-18-2011, 01:30 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
It is what it is

Yeah I watch a movie I know will make me cry and let it all out. Sometimes everyone needs to do that. It's cleansing.

Peace,
Jen
Old 02-18-2011, 01:35 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I vote for tonight: (a glass of wine if you're not alcoholic), some chocolate, and a big fat cheeseburger.
Also a cat to pet wouldn't be bad...a boyfriend to be petted by wouldn't be bad either.
Old 02-18-2011, 01:37 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Thanks Beth...In a right state here, hyper sensitive emotional mess
Old 02-18-2011, 01:45 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Thanks so much you guys...having a really off day. This just aint me, I am usually so together, though am often reminded not made of stone
A weepy girly movie with chocolate & a nice Boyfriend to pamper me .....my idea of bliss right now!
Much appreciated all of you
Old 02-18-2011, 01:47 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Moment of Conception

Plan Sunday dinner!
heh i got som chopped toms and basil, loads, i heard thems the main ingredients for a spag bol. Dolmio is proper dear and it just tom, basil(y)!!!! i got some twirly pasta and was told to try some red or green pesto mixed in... Roll on Sunday sez i! :-)
Old 02-18-2011, 01:51 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I wonder if your sister being sober has maybe put you off balance a little bit?

Sometimes, even after the cause of the stress is removed (sister drinking) the stress is still there, and you are reacting emotionally.

Or you could be angry at your sister (just something to consider) for being ill, and then getting better. Like, why couldnt you have done this sooner?
"Your illness really made me ******* crazy, and now everything is supposed to be hunky dory?"

I could go on with my armchair psychology, usually, when I am hyper sensitive, I have been holding something big down in my gut. So, I am like one big ball of static electricity that needs to be discharged.
Beth
Old 02-18-2011, 01:57 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

I dont know...possibly. I am really happy & more relaxed with her these days though I do feel like shes still a ticking time bomb, her being sober is all still fairly recent you know. So I know I still worry, and will probably always carry that around. This mood today, just came out of nowhere. Hit me..bang, tears. Sinking feeling in the pit of my stomach kinda thing.
when I am hyper sensitive, I have been holding something big down in my gut. So, I am like one big ball of static electricity that needs to be discharged.
...perfect description! I relate
Old 02-18-2011, 02:04 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Nothing is wrong, Nturn. Just the way some days are. I'm in a funk too. Girl Scout cookies are in. I recommend eating two boxes immediately.
Old 02-18-2011, 02:30 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

thanks Shellcrusher...typical woman huh. Sorry for the over emotional outburst, nothing those cookies and a good movie wont fix. I will be better tomorrow. I dont like this feeling & I will brush it off, kinda shocked that it came out of nowhere, almost like it had been bubbling up inside then...bang! who knows what triggers these feelings.
Old 02-18-2011, 03:04 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Full moon? Makes me more moody, too. I've felt very out of sorts yesterday and today...got some exercise and that helped a little. Been on the verge of tears for 24 hours now. Go easy on yourself. It's times like these that we just need to be nice to ourselves, take a hot bath, pray, relax.
Old 02-18-2011, 03:16 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Meh....sometimes you just get a sad day.

I drown them in tears and then smother them in ice cream!

And then I follow that up with a hot bath and a trashy novel - current favorite is anything by Charlaine Harris; she writes the series that "True Blood" is based on.....

Be sure to check that you aren't HALTing. That stands for Hungry, Angry, Lonely and Tired. Any of those out of control can lead to a really bad time.

I like the cheeseburger suggestion too - had one today, LOTS of pickles...yum!
Old 02-18-2011, 03:21 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

I think Wicked and Tuffgirl might be onto somethings there.
Full moon!!!!!
Also, the fact that you can let go a little about your sister. I know that some people can crawl through fire in a crises and then when it is over, they become sick and rundown. You are so used to being on high alert I suppose. I have been very emotional as it is ALL the girlie stuff! Also, am kind of in a holding pattern as in "what now?" Have been sober for 4 months and now have to get my head out of my a$$ and start living. I always say jokingly to myself, "where's the parade? I deserve a parade!"
Anyhoo, The Mr Kiplings have helped, and the Twix, and the 2 packets of crisps. Now I am going to tuck into some chocolate digestives. All for medicinal purposes you understand. Big hugs to all the emotional wrecks tonight!