SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Friends and Family of Alcoholics (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/friends-family-alcoholics/)
-   -   A Happy Valentine's Day to YOU! (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/friends-family-alcoholics/220109-happy-valentines-day-you.html)

brokenheartfool 02-14-2011 04:21 PM

A Happy Valentine's Day to YOU!

To everyone on the forum, that includes YOU!

From me!

And anybody else that wants to join in!

Valentine's Day...you didn't cause it, you can't control it, and you can't cure it.

I did some reading and the Catholic Church took the poor guy off the Saintly list. Apparently it's difficult to be sure he was worth the trouble.

But we are, each and every one of us. :)

So enjoy it in your way, for you, regardless of whether you sit alone without flowers or chocolate, regardless of whether you have a gift you didn't want, regardless of it all.

You're worth a Valentine, and since I can't cut out those cut boxey ones that I loved to put in the envelopes hanging off everybody's desk as a kid in gradeschool...here's my Valentine to you.
And yeah, back then I might have left off putting one in this or that kid's envelope, but not these days. I've matured a bit since then, one can only hope, so everybody gets one!

lc1972 02-14-2011 05:17 PM

Happy Valentine's Day to you and I hope you did or got something special for yourself. I always get myself something special even though I do get a gift from my husband. :Vchocolate02:

Live 02-14-2011 05:20 PM

mmmm. I got both he and I a dark chocolate bar with raspberry filling. Reminded him to eat his because I might do something I regret in the middle of the night.

Happy Valentine's Day to you!

LexieCat 02-14-2011 05:31 PM

Happy Valentine's Day hugs to every one of my friends here!

(the chocolate is MINE, ALL MINE)

TakingCharge999 02-14-2011 06:03 PM

I am eating a giant dulce the leche piece of cake. Supposedly a celebration for my bday with a couple of friends yesterday.
My bday was 2 weeks ago :lmao

Thanks for the valentine. I never did anything special. But its a good idea to give myself something from now on!! :)

chicory 02-14-2011 06:22 PM

Thanks Brokenheartfool!
Happy Valentine's Day to you , too!

I think Valentine's Day in school was one of the first big lessons in rejection (the kid who had the biggest ego usually got the most valentines- how does that work? and does it still work?)

Thanks for thinking of all of us- it made me feel good:)

hugs,
chicory

StarCat 02-14-2011 06:35 PM

Happy Valentine's Day to you guys, too!

:flower5: :VA016: :V10 :VGRchoc: :VA019:

Yay! I finally get to use some of these cool smileys.

Live 02-14-2011 06:42 PM

and happy belated birthday, TC...mine was a week ago and that just makes us early sweethearts! LOL

Flowers and chocolates will start being discounted tomorrow..good time to buy some extras for ourselves!

HeyImme 02-14-2011 06:51 PM

Happy Valentine's Day everyone!!!

jamaicamecrazy 02-14-2011 07:51 PM

Thanks so much for the kind words and thoughts. I will admit I was sad. I took a two hour nap and it was such a good sleep. I went to exercise and did not eat all the chocolate cake I had intended to. I took care of me. And despite the fact that I did not get even a card from my husband or my kids, I got a thank you from him-something that is a big step for him right now. Yes I deserve more but that is all he can give right now. Valentine's Day is only one day. And though I never made a big deal of it when you don't have it it is huge! I chose to instead focus on all the love I have been shown this past year from unlikely sources.

IBelong 02-14-2011 08:51 PM

Happy V Day = Victory Day