The Daily QUACK

Old 02-15-2011, 10:27 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by PHIZ007 View Post
...this results in him today laying in bed, non communicative and generally depressed and awful to be in same house as!
Is he still not drinking? It's only been a week or so hasn't it? Depending on his previous drinking patterns he probably is actually incredibly depressed due to the state of chemical imbalance of his brain. This could be alleviated significantly with the right health supplements. Vitamin B1 (thiamine) and B12, B complex, Magnesium if he is feeling muscular discomfort. Vitamin C and zinc would also be helpful and a Milk Thistle supplement will help his liver. Something like valerian root to improve his sleeping, which would go along way toward improving his mood, and a daily St John's Wort tablet could be very helpful for his depression.

You'll get most of the above in Sainsburys/Tescos and they are on at 3 for 2 at the moment.
Old 02-15-2011, 06:44 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

quack quack quack..........

AH: ''I didn't think you would actually leave.''

?????????????????
Old 02-16-2011, 10:31 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Buffalo66 View Post
Ladybug, mine moans and whines and plays immobile victim, too...

As for the quacks;
when drinking my A used to give what I came to call a luge track of reasoning for his choices. I can't even count the number of times he had a "friend" who needed relationship advice, or who needed help moving, or who needed him to help them somehow. The emphasis was always on someone needing him. It seemed, in his mind that that was a free ticket. I would always find out the task he had to do took minutes, or did not exist at all, and he had just used it to stay out, drink more, keep his freedom. One time, I learned he was "helping a friend" who had a young giirlfriend who was pregnant get to a dr.s appnt. Turns out, the girlfriend did not even exist... He and friend went on a 3 day bender in friends apartment.

Now that he is sober, the reasoning is more transparent. He has to meet a friend to discuss school options for our son... I busted that one by showing up and asking friend abt his kid, who is only 1 year old. Friend had no idea.

Yeah, mine will always tell himself and me that he is "helping" someone while his own child sits here asking why daddy isn't coming home for dinner. Quack.

Now that he is sober
I think we are married to the same man!!
Mine no longer drinks but is still never home.
His mtgs turn to 4-6 hour coffee w/ the guys.
Mine will help anyone and everyone but when it comes to me or the kids...forget it.
I wish he was as good of a husband/father as he is a friend to everyone else.
sad ...
Old 02-17-2011, 06:57 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by passionfruit View Post
AH: ''I didn't think you would actually leave.''
Yep, when AH kicked us out last fall, when I talked to him 2 days later, he said "I didn't think you'd actually stay out, I figured you would just come back a few hours later".
Old 02-17-2011, 09:40 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by jayscott View Post
Amen.

At first, she loved her program because it "felt like a frat house." Younger people, similar personalities, people having fun together. Then someone checked out, then another moved to sober living, then an older guy checked in...and it started to feel less like fun.

Found a half-full extra large bottle of vodka the other day. Been trying to decide what to do with that knowledge.
Yep. Sounds familiar.