Sonny called last night....

Old 11-08-2003, 04:08 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Angry Sonny called last night....

So sonny called last night and was asking me if I would drive him to Terrell..(a town 35-40 miles away). Then he says that if he can just come over for a while his friend will pick him up here..or at least in the morning...And God help me...I was bending. My husband took the phone and told him "Sonny..you aren't spending the night..not tonight...not ever again." Sonny went all commando on him and started demanding why his mother couldnt tell him that and why couldnt he come to his mothers house. Husband told him that within 30 minutes of coming home last weekend there was 10.00 taken from his wallet...(we did ask sonny..he denied it of course) plus after Sonny left to go to his new home we start noticing stuff missing. My new sheets..towels from the pantry...they even went in to my room and took candles and holders from my closet. Basically took what they felt they would need to set up house. Not sure if I have told you guys that Sonny's girlfriend had been living with us for almost two years and had just returned home..now she is with sonny at the new place...on my dime I might add. And even with knowing all this..when he called his momma...I was gonna cave. It was so cold here last night..I worry that he has gotten in some sort of trouble since he didn't call back. That is his MO...make step daddy mad..hang up...call back and talk to mom. It was hard last night...I did keep thinking about him...but I didnt go looking for him. I held my ground and with my husbands help I was able to stick to my guns and make Sonny see that we mean business. Oh well..today I kept busy with laundry and cleaning out the garage..anything to keep my mind off of him...
Old 11-08-2003, 04:24 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

God bless you Loving Mom

What you are doing right now is so very hard. A mother's love runs deep and strong. It's hard to let our children go and fend for themselves when all we really want to do is help them.
I will say a prayer that your son will find his way to a better life. And I will say a prayer for you that your heart will heal.
Peace,
Gabe
Old 11-08-2003, 04:44 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Loving Mom

It's tough when we can't even let our own sons come for a visit, but keep in mind that HE is the one who made this situation what it is.

You have done nothing wrong.

When my son used to visit I would hide all my valuables and still follow him around in case I forgot something. When I think of how much stuff he managed to get out of my house, not counting money from my purse, I shudder. It's ridiculous to put ourselves in that position.

Your husband is right. If you want to visit with your son, visit him at a coffee shop or on neutral turf somewhere where you can relax.

Hugs
Ann
Old 11-08-2003, 05:57 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Loving Mom;

For years, I have "caved in" to my son. It seems that no matter what I do for him, his life still comes crashing down around him.

It's heartbreaking to have to deny your child access to your home. My heart goes out to you.

Jenny