Do Something

Old 02-08-2011, 08:46 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
LS2

Do Something

That is what I feel, I need to do something and I don't have the motivation to do any of it. To make the phone calls to see what my options are. The anger/resentments toward A is eating me up and has been for one whole year. It is like I am hanging by a thread waiting for that last event or argument to give me the motivation.

Oh how I love Al-anon...Last week at the meeting it was only me and one women who has been in al-anon for 20 years. It was one of the best meetings for me, I left feeling stronger...but slipped back down to feeling like I can't do anything and I am stuck. Thankgoodness tomrrow is the meeting again. I would like for her to be my sponsor, but I am afriad of her saying No because I know she at least sponsors one person.

Ok, that is all...one foot infront of the other.
Old 02-08-2011, 08:56 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Go treat yourself to something you like. Nice meal, shoes, movie, book. It doesn't matter. think of all the money your alcoholic has spent enhancing his mood. You are entitled to buy a little happiness. even it is only temporary.

then, when you are feeling much better the path before you will be clear.

When you are put down and de-motiviated, it's had to have the energy to do anything. that is exactly how the alcoholic likes you. That way you are always home and ready to pick him up.