Motivated By Jealousy ...

Old 02-08-2011, 09:23 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Shellcrusher View Post
You are not God.

That's right - thanks for reminding me. I don't want the weight of the whole world on my shoulders
Old 02-08-2011, 09:49 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by tryintosmile View Post
That's right - thanks for reminding me. I don't want the weight of the whole world on my shoulders
This also applies to your belief that you can control an ABF.
Old 02-08-2011, 04:46 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by tryintosmile View Post
I've told him a thousand times that I was going to leave, but mostly this was when he's been drunk, because he doesn't talk much when he is sober and refuses to talk about the relationship. He always says 'well GO THEN', but he lists all the things that I will NOT have anymore. He tells me I have NOTHING - and he's kind of right. I have no job (on disability). I have no close friends. I have very little family support. I basically have 'no life'. I'd be living on a disability salary (which is not bad, but not great). Even though he's drunk when he's saying this, it really scares me. When I first met him, I had all of those things, including half decent looks, which are just sad now. I think I've got a permanet scowl etched into my face. I think it's there to stay.
Sounds familiar.

jealousy is a human emotion. it effects us all. it is not rational. But you described exactly what I've heard more times than I can count about men and women and marriage.

A woman finds a man and thinks if she can just change these few things about him, he'll be PERFECT.

Man finds the perfecft woman and never wants her to change.

They are both in for a big suprise.

His behavior is so typical, and it is generating the reaction in you. Because you are like the rest of us: A nice, normal, helpful person. You have forgotten there are others of the opposite sex like you. go find one. make him jealous for a change.

And speaking of change, has he EVER changed? I mean ONE TIME. Has he EVER said he would do this or that for you and the KEPT HIS WORD? I bet you dollars to donuts if he does it this time, it will be the first. Ask me how I know.

Go buy some 20 dollar chocolates, and call me in the morning. You'll feel better.