My wife didn't come home tuesday:( and :)

Old 02-14-2011, 01:10 PM
  # 61 (permalink)  

I haven't updated in a while. Things have been going great! She is staying the full 28 days, she is on board with the program. She is off all the meds. She looks and sounds great again!! Our family has been really supportive, and Tricare has officially opened an investigation into what went wrong. According to the rep I have been working with, the computer should have flagged the med combos and frequency months ago. They don't know why it didn't happen. Furthermore, they said that the prescribing doctor can see all the meds she is prescribed, contrary to what the doctor/nurse told me. They suspect that the doc was charging the insurance company for visits that never occurred.
Old 03-31-2011, 04:58 PM
  # 62 (permalink)  

Well, its been quite some time now. My wife ended up relapsing twice, as soon as she was left unsupervised. The second time I threw down the gauntlet, I called the cops. (she didn't do anything wrong, they call it a welfare call, it was more for me to have a witness if it came to that, and to scare her) Fortunately the kids didn't have to see it. I think that was the final straw for her. She has been to AA every night since, no problems. She even invited me to go along with her a few times. It was quite emotional. She is very excited about her chips and seems to be doing much better. She even asked the doc for antabuse on her own. She has been exercising, sleeping better, got off all of her meds except her blood pressure and anti-depressant. She has been spending time with the kids, our relationship is better, she asked to go to marriage counseling with me as well. Unfortunately, they won't see us until she is done with her first 90 days of AA. Her goal is 90 meetings in 90 days.
Deep down inside I am afraid. I think of her as a ticking time bomb. What happens if her mom dies, or something like that? Will this start all over? I suppose that will be part of the counseling for us.
I will pop on and update every once in awhile, but for now, all seems well. I want to say thank you from the bottom of my heart for being here when I really needed it.