And this is why...

Old 01-31-2011, 12:02 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

And this is why...

...I am choosing to not associate with active alcoholics in my life anymore:

Anchorage Daily News / adn.com

Published: January 31st, 2011 10:17 AM
Last Modified: January 31st, 2011 10:18 AM

A birthday party in Nenana turned ugly late Saturday after two sisters began fighting, one fled to the bathroom, and the other then shot through the bathroom door, Alaska State Troopers said.

Sisters Jean Tritt, 52, and Marion Peter, 51, were celebrating the birthday of Tritt's young child, and both women had been drinking, troopers said. Tritt was upset about something else, Peter tried to console her, but it just made her more angry, said troopers spokeswoman Beth Ipsen.

Tritt physically assaulted Peter, the trooper report said. Peter ran into the bathroom and called 911 on her cell phone. Tritt then fired two rounds from a .44 magnum pistol through the bathroom door at her sister, troopers said. Both shots missed. Tritt got hold of Peter's phone and broke it, preventing her from communicating with authorities, troopers said.

Troopers arrived at the residence just before 11:30 p.m. Saturday. Several children were there at the time.

Troopers arrested Tritt. She's been charged with felony weapons misconduct, felony assault, misdemeanor assault, criminal mischief, interfering with a domestic violence report and three counts of reckless endangerment.

On top of being just plain old annoying - drunks are DANGEROUS! Yeesh!
Old 01-31-2011, 03:59 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
BTB

So true.
Old 01-31-2011, 04:20 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

And that is why I haven't read the paper today.

This past weekend, I was looking around online for information about grad schools and came across a Pierce County, WA story about a woman murdered by her X last week, after being denied a protective order against him in October 2010. Her young daughter, and her friends who were spending the night, woke up to find her. The PO was denied despite prior assault and restraining order, because she'd visited him in jail; she'd been trying to get a parenting agreement in place.... WTF.

Yes, I'm kind of burying my head in the sand right now.