So, apparently .14 is under the legal limit.

Old 01-26-2011, 05:11 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

So, apparently .14 is under the legal limit.

ROFL Well, according to AH it is. I just found the blood test results from his DUI, almost 2x the legal limit! I guess I can definitely ignore that part of his drunken rants now.

Now if I could only find the title for my van, so I could get it switched over to being in my name, and get the insurance on it in my name, because his SR-22 insurance is going to be very expensive.
Old 01-26-2011, 05:52 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Yep, My wife blew .21 and she said, "I was'nt drunk" and she also said the State Trooper was'nt to nice when she was arrested. Wow imagine that !

I just got the $1K increase for the auto insurance recently with half the amount of coverage now.

I think it does'nt matter who's car is titled to who. If you're married U.R. screwed. The insurance companys figure you are one of the same as far as autos go because of marriage. At least thats the rule in my state, may be different elsewhere ?
Old 01-26-2011, 05:57 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

He hasn't gone to his final court appearance yet, so if I can get my insurance done before that, then I'm hoping it will be fine. Plus, in case he tries to take the van from me once I'm out, I'd like to have that added protection, it being in my name.
Old 01-27-2011, 03:25 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Quack!
Old 01-27-2011, 03:37 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Good Luck! Went through it and very very expensive. Especially, the court and lawyer fees. Oh and isn't funny how they are never that drunk and it is the police fault, they were tired, they failed the test because of that pebble in the path while trying to take the sobriety test and on and on and on.....

QUACK QUACK QUACK!!!!

Old 01-27-2011, 05:33 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Oh, his problem was his astigmatism! That's why he failed the eye test before the breathalyzer(he insisted he blew below the legal limit on that, no way if his blood test was this high)

His web of deceit is unraveling very quickly now.
Old 01-27-2011, 11:27 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

In my state...

...you can have your wife specifically excluded from your coverage. That's what I had to do. My insurance company allowed it and the car was in my name.

Good luck.

Cyranoak

Originally Posted by LifesALongSong View Post
Yep, My wife blew .21 and she said, "I was'nt drunk" and she also said the State Trooper was'nt to nice when she was arrested. Wow imagine that !

I just got the $1K increase for the auto insurance recently with half the amount of coverage now.

I think it does'nt matter who's car is titled to who. If you're married U.R. screwed. The insurance companys figure you are one of the same as far as autos go because of marriage. At least thats the rule in my state, may be different elsewhere ?
Old 01-27-2011, 11:43 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Still can't find the frakking title, I think I may have hidden it somewhere, so I just need to figure out where I hid it.

I think you can exclude drivers here too, but I will make sure of that before I do anything.
Old 01-27-2011, 11:58 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Try filing for a lost title at the licensing department. You can often change the ownership at the same time. I've done that in the past when I bought a car from somebody who'd lost their title. It was fairly easy. DO NOT TELL AH YOU ARE doing this. If he contests it they won't issue the new title. At least not in my state.

Also, make sure he cannot drive the car if he isn't insured on it or you could end up REALLY screwed. I had to lock all the keys in my gun safe and make sure there were no spares.

Good luck.

Ps. I'm not telling you to lie to the licensing agent, but give the answers that will best protect you and yours, whatever those answers need to be.
Old 01-27-2011, 12:24 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Oh, I found the POA from when he was deployed, so basically, I can do anything without him finding out, but I will ONLY be doing this. I need to protect this vehicle, because I can see him taking it from me. He couldn't take my car from me when he kicked me out, because it was in my name, and he knew that.