There is hope again!!!

Old 01-26-2011, 10:21 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

There is hope again!!!

My sister has been a heavy drinker for a couple years and SHE decided to FINALLY check in to an inpatient program on Monday. I am hopeful for her well being and pray that I can be the best aunt I can for my 3 nieces while sister is away. They are sad right now cause mommy is gone, but they say they want her to get better and are trying to be strong.

A little part of me is terrified that she is going to come out of treatment the same way, but I know I need to get rid of these negative thoughts. Please keep us in your prayers!! And any resources to help my nieces (10, 7, & 4) are very much appreciated.
Old 01-26-2011, 11:38 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Sending you lots of positive thoughts. Your nieces are lucky to have a caring person like you in their lives, especially at this difficult time.

I don't have first hand experience with this, but I imagine that the rehab facility that your sister is at will have resources for the children of alcoholic/addict parents.

My best to you...stay positive, stay in the moment. Enjoy your time with the girls. One day at a time.