I Took Someone Home Last Night <3

Old 01-26-2011, 01:57 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

I saw the title of your thread and thought 'wow some steamy gossip!!'. You tricked me

Cute kitty though.

purr
Old 01-26-2011, 02:05 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
A work in progress

She's adorable, SC! Just wait until she's grown up and driving you crazy with all that constant love and attention--that's what happened with mine!
Old 01-26-2011, 03:43 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
A jug fills drop by drop

AWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!!!! she is so cute!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! thanks for sharing. I love cats. !!
Old 01-26-2011, 03:44 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
A jug fills drop by drop

A short while and she will OWN the house... she will own everything.. even you, lol....
Old 01-26-2011, 03:46 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

I have two feral cats that are domesticated now. It took awhile. They are real sweet.
Old 01-26-2011, 03:54 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Awww. As DS says, "What a cutey-wooty." She is adorable.

Thread-jacking a bit, but an update: Our new kitty, Sasuke, is settling right on in. The queen of the castle, my nephew's cat, Maisy, is still a bit torqued, but is now at least limiting her growls to when she actually sees him.

I kind of got a puppy when we brought Sasuke home, too. He sleeps on the foot of the bed (on my feet) and plays fetch. He brings his fluff-ball toy to us, we say 'drop it', he does, we throw it, he brings it back, holds onto until we say 'drop it' again, repeat, repeat, repeat and repeat.

I'm so glad we have our Sasuke and am happy for you and your new family-addition.
Old 01-26-2011, 05:13 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Sooo cute!! I love orange cats - but I was once told that all orange tabby's are male. I guess I was misinformed!
There's a long haired orange tabby that lives in my neighbourhood - I'm not sure if he's a stray. Anyway, I've named him Sir Thomas. He's sooo beautiful, but very skittish. He never comes near me when I see him.
I hope Peaches brings you lots of love and joy!!
Old 01-26-2011, 05:16 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Ginger kitties are the best! I've had 2 female gingers, but it's more common for them to be male.

I've been trying to decide which cat comes with me when I move out(most apartments around here have a one cat limit), and I don't think it's going to be my ginger. I think it's going to be my tiger striped tabby, I think she needs to be by herself now, she hasn't been liking the other two cats much lately.
Old 01-26-2011, 05:49 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

I've got a widdle tear in my eye.... She's just beautiful and I am sooooo jealous! I'm so happy for both of you!
Old 01-26-2011, 06:02 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Ok, I just shot an email off to my landlord. I can't stand it anymore! He's a REAL jerk and firmly stated we couldn't have pets when we moved in .... but I have been a model tenant and he knows it. I offered to put up a substantial pet deposit (where that's gonna come from I have no idea)....we'll see what he says. He's famous for his one word emails...so I have the feeling I already know what this one word will be! But I HAD to ask!! WISH ME LUCK AND SAY A PRAYER!
Old 01-26-2011, 06:12 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  

I call kitty play date!!!

I work at home and it has taken time for me to get use to typing with a cat in my lap. The fact that you were able to cook with a cat in your lap is oustanding!!!

Thanks for the update on your kitty, theuncertainty, or should I say pup. My long hair will run after a toy mouse when I throw it but won't let me have it back. I suppose he has a point, I did throw it away, right? Must be obvious to him that I don't want it.

We've got a serious snow storm going on here. We've lost power a couple of times so my pouches are on high alert. If there's power, it's possible mama might not find the kibble, right?

Kiss all the furbabies for me.

Alice
Old 01-26-2011, 08:19 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  

NO FAIR!!!
A cat! I got all excited there was going to be an x-rated read! lol

Seriously though - how cute!!! I love cats so much, I love their independence - so inspiring!
Old 01-26-2011, 10:00 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  

awww, she's adorable!! I hope you know that you are now owned I have 3 cats and a dog. It's quite interesting when I'm trying to study and one cat is sitting on the book, the other is trying to walk on the laptop, the third (my Patches) pretty much just lays around unless she thinks there's a chance of getting food, and the dog is afraid of the cats (except Patches), so I end up with all 4 on the bed, in their separate spots.

I can't even imagine life without my cats, and I'm pretty sure you're going to feel the same way

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 01-27-2011, 03:13 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  
peaceful seabird

Aww, thanks for sharing with us!

Bonus - she's an Alanon member!
Old 01-27-2011, 11:41 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  
Today is a New Day

Originally Posted by TakingCharge999 View Post
A short while and she will OWN the house... she will own everything.. even you, lol....
Don't I know it! And she knows it too. *Grins* Smart cat.

Originally Posted by theuncertainty View Post
Our new kitty, Sasuke, is settling right on in. The queen of the castle, my nephew's cat, Maisy, is still a bit torqued, but is now at least limiting her growls to when she actually sees him.

I kind of got a puppy when we brought Sasuke home, too. He sleeps on the foot of the bed (on my feet) and plays fetch. He brings his fluff-ball toy to us, we say 'drop it', he does, we throw it, he brings it back, holds onto until we say 'drop it' again, repeat, repeat, repeat and repeat.
I am so happy for you! Sasuke is an adorable name, and I'm sure she'll win Maisy's acceptance eventually.
How exciting about the puppy, too! What kind?

Originally Posted by tjp613 View Post
I HAD to ask!! WISH ME LUCK AND SAY A PRAYER!
Good luck! I had to put down $175 to have the cat (carpet replacement fee for if/when I move out), and my rent went up a little bit each month, but she's worth it. <3
My tax refund was direct deposited the day I picked her up, otherwise I wouldn't have brought her home for another week!

Originally Posted by Pelican View Post
Bonus - she's an Alanon member!
Absolutely! She seems to be really interested in it, too... She wants to share when it's not her turn, and today she knocked my "Codependent No More" book onto the floor and nosed it into her corner. (She had to try several times, because I kept chasing her off the dining room table and replacing the book - she really wanted that book!)

I am going to have my hands full with this little lady. *Grins*
Old 01-27-2011, 12:28 PM
  # 36 (permalink)  

Oops, should have been more clear. Sasuke, the cat, is also the puppy. He plays fetch and generally acts a lot like a dog. I actually suspect that we could put a harness and leash on him and take him for walks...

DS named him after a cartoon character from Naruto. (I'm still debating on whether or not I like that show for DS - I actually kind of like to watch it, but then I also like several other anime series that I'd not let him watch...) It's pretty cute, when DS gets annoyed with the kitty not listening to him, as cats do, the full name comes out - Sasuke Uchiha! I didn't even know he had a last name!

I do want a puppy, well, maybe not a puppy, but an older dog. A big dog. Who dislikes XAH. But I don't have the necessary time to lavish love on a dog and train her/him right now and that wouldn't be fair to the puppy...

Anyway.... Thanks, StarCat, for the thread and light-hearted happiness!