Tell me what you do...

Old 01-24-2011, 09:43 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Smile

You're already sounding better.
Old 01-24-2011, 09:52 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Awakening

I count my blessings, out loud, seems to have more power if I say it, instead of just thinking it. Sometimes I do a gratitude alphabet like I learned here, you could even do it with your kids and raise their fevery little spirits, you know, I'm grateful for apples...bunnies....cats....donuts.

I ask HP to please take over for me, IOW, kind of a step3, I give "it" to HP.

The most important thing, just read an article in some New Health, or something like that, magazine yesterday. LAUGH, rent some seriously funny movies today. LMC and I rent funny movies ALL THE TIME.

This article explained research that's been around for years, laughter releases powerful hormones that, not only make us feel better, they fortify and strengthen our immune systems. It went on about how when we're under a lot of stress, we get sicker easier.

I rest my case, house full of stress, house full of sick kids.

Thanks and God bless us all,
Coyote
Old 01-24-2011, 10:18 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

You're already sounding better.
Coffee and SR: Just what the doc ordered!

And thanks for the funny movie recommendation, Coyote. I have a couple of Blockbuster movies that need to go back today anyway, so I'll run out and do that.

And a gratitude alphabet... would look really great on my kitchen wall...
Old 01-24-2011, 11:08 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

lillamy, I like your quote by Winston Churchill. It reminds me that there is an end in sight, even if I can't quite see it yet.

I, too, am having one of those days. So I am allowing myself a little bit of time to dwell and feel sad, and then I need to move on and accomplish other things, like work, taking care of kids, laundry, etc. Sometimes I stop for a moment, have a little cry, and then press on with the tasks. Sometimes that happens several times each day. I do try to not let that happen at the office, though! Embarrassing!

Sometimes just saying it out loud - today I feel like crap - really helps. Reading yours and others posts here makes me feel better. Now back to work... hope your day gets better!
Old 01-24-2011, 11:26 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Thanks -- you guys pulled me out of the slump. And I've actually set the timer before, to give myself 15 minutes to cry and worry and freak out...