OT: Holiday photo of three of my four dogs

Old 01-17-2011, 07:13 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

You have some lovely and very lucky pooches! I dote on my three dogs and they know that they own me. My first signature says it all...
Old 01-17-2011, 07:21 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

((FD)) - I LOVE all the pics!!

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 01-17-2011, 07:36 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Wipe your paws elsewhere!

Thanks, everyone, for letting me share. I know I'm an over-the-top dog lover, but my pets bring me such joy. I like focusing on the good things in my life. It really diminishes the bad.
Old 01-18-2011, 01:46 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Great pictures!! I'm not a dog person but I'm embracing the canine because my kids want one so bad. We have a dog fund going so I can put in a fence this spring before getting our new family member. Your pictures and Steve have done a lot to move me along in my personal 'embrace the canine' campaign, lol.
Old 01-18-2011, 03:43 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Occasional poor taste poster

I wonder how many times we've both been at Tims. I'll have to keep an eye out for Steve this summer.
Old 01-18-2011, 05:16 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

There's a good chance you will run into them, Jazz. Does Milo go boating with you? Lots of folks bring their dogs and let them run around together on the shore.
Old 01-18-2011, 05:51 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

This one's for you, Jazz. Jazz hands....

Old 01-18-2011, 05:53 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Here's a photo of Mary my Shepherd mix (and Piggy)....

Old 01-18-2011, 05:56 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Steve and Piggy playing tag. This is about as close as Piggy can get to catching Steve.

Old 01-18-2011, 05:57 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  

This is why Steve goes to doggie day care. He has endless energy and still gets into a lot of trouble when left alone.

Old 01-18-2011, 05:58 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  
the illogical vulcan

Nice lookin' buncha' pooches ya got there.
Old 01-18-2011, 06:00 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Steve's "put your dog on a Bissell vacuum cleaner box" contest entry. He didn't win, but did make it to the top ten.

Old 01-18-2011, 06:01 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  
Today is a New Day

I love the "tag" photo. I can just see Steve, like a little kid playing tag, taunting poor Piggy. *Grins*
Old 01-18-2011, 06:27 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  

You are so lucky to be able to have dogs. I am not allowed where I live now and it's killin' me. Can't even have a cat. Or a gerbil. No pets. But I'm 5 minutes from work in the swankiest neighborhood in my city and I got a killer deal on the rent. I guess it was a good trade-off...not sure sometimes.

Give your pooches a big hug from Auntie TJP.
Old 01-18-2011, 07:44 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  
Occasional poor taste poster

Originally Posted by FormerDoormat View Post
Does Milo go boating with you?
Na, we'll usually hit a Dinner/happy hour after boating so Milo stays home.

Originally Posted by FormerDoormat View Post
Run Forest! RUN!!!!
Old 01-18-2011, 08:03 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  

Steve is oh, so cool.......all of your furry children are wonderful - what would we do without them?

My boy has brought me so much joy and laughter throughout his short life and along with that, has been such a source of comfort during the really bad times.

They seem to know when we are upset and stressed out and are ALWAYS there for us no matter what.

A big collective hug to all of our furry children whether they be canine feline or other!!
Old 01-18-2011, 11:39 AM
  # 37 (permalink)  

tjp, you could get your dog/cat/bunny/guinea pig, etc. quota by volunteering at a local no-skill animal shelter or the local SPCA. But beware, I began my volunteer career as a volunteer dog walker in an effort to do something fun AND lose weight. After miles and miles of walking dogs, I didn't lose a pound, but I gained three dogs. Not saying that that isn't a good thing, it just wasn't in my initial weight loss plan.
Old 01-18-2011, 11:55 AM
  # 38 (permalink)  
Today is a New Day

Alright, I'm at work, so my pictures are limited, but I'll add what I have.
I started keeping a betta fish a couple years ago. I never thought fish could have personalities, but these guys do.

Bonsai Bennie (Bennie I). This little guy loved having his picture taken all the time. He'd also watch TV with me, and enjoyed when I cooked. R.I.P. my wonderful Ben:

I have Birthday Bennie (Bennie II) at home... He's camera shy right now, and a little under the weather (fish get sick, too), but when he's feeling better if this thread is still alive I'll post a picture. He's called Birthday Bennie because the first Ben passed away the day before my birthday, so my birthday last year is when this new guy came into my life.
Old 01-18-2011, 12:07 PM
  # 39 (permalink)  

At first I thought you said, "a little under the water." What a beautiful picture. Please share more! I believe fish have personalities, too. Not only do my dogs have unique personalities, but my rabbits and guinea pigs did, too. So why not fish? Has anyone ever had a guinea pig as a pet? I LOVED mine. I loved my rabbits, too, but they were almost more work than dogs and they were surprisingly long-lived (10-12 years) as opposed to guinea pigs (3-5 years).
Old 01-18-2011, 12:22 PM
  # 40 (permalink)  
Today is a New Day

I'll "fish" through my pictures when I get home and post some more.

Both Bens enjoy watching television. The first Ben loved anything with a water theme. "Jaws" seemed to be his favorite - he would get really excited when the theme came on, his little eyes would be glued to the TV... And then they had the one scene where the music plays, but it's not a real shark, so he got mad and pouted for most of the rest of the movie. (No joke. He'd swim to the back of his tank and stare at the wall, and it would take a couple hours before you could coax him back to the front with promises of dinner.) He also enjoyed listening to my brothers practice their instruments (they would call over the phone, and Ben would swim up to the cell phone and spread his fins out, and you could tell if he really liked or hated the song).

This new Ben will watch anything with lots of colors, and doesn't care for the black and white classics. He can also tell if it's a commercial, and swims to the back to wait for the next part of the show to come on. He has his favorite "TV watching" leaf. He has a bigger tank than the original Ben, and shares it with 5 corydoras catfish (2 I have had as long as I had this Ben; the other three are albinos I bought after visiting ABF in rehab). He chases the catfish out of his corner when he's watching TV, although he can't catch the new albino ones and so they continually swim right past him to taunt him.
The catfish are fun to watch, they play tag with each other, but they're not particularly bright, and don't interact with the outside world the way the bettas do.