Ma Nature is wearing me down

Old 11-05-2003, 03:49 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Ma Nature is wearing me down

Only weeks after dealing with the effects of Hurricaine Isabel, the boy and I got caught in a storm with tornado strength winds today. And let's just forget the old joke:
If the car is a'rockin'...don't come a'knockin'.
In this case, it was:
If the car is a'rockin'...run like hell for cover.
God was with us, we had just gotten to the doctor's office for his physical when it all hit the fan. We were going to wait in the car until the rain let up. But then the wind started rocking the car in a scary way...and a tree went down a few feet away, so we made a run for the office. We got soaked to the skin, but it was much nicer being inside than out.
I think I would like to find a nice, warm cave to hibernate in until Spring returns.
Peace,
Gabe
Old 11-05-2003, 04:05 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Gabe!

Spooky stuff. I used to do an hour commute with a carpool in the summer theatre season. When the weather got like that someone would always say "What do we do if we see a funnel cloud?" Then everybody would chant... "We get OUT of the CAR... We GET in the DITCH!" Were you chanting?

Have some hot cocoa. I'll send the little green guy over with some.
Old 11-05-2003, 05:18 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Paused

Things to be grateful for today:
Gabe and her son survived the storm!

I remember a storm that hit us yrs ago , my daughter who is 27
was only about 4, and we were running up our long driveway
trying to get to the house, you could just feel that wind trying to
pick her up as I held tight to her hand, it just felt like something out of the wizard of Oz. The memory reminds me that today I've had to let go of that hand I love so much and let her find her way
to sobriety.

Hey Gabe all of life's storm are rough.
God Bless ya
liddy
Old 11-05-2003, 05:23 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

I'm glad you are safe Gabe. I've been through 3 tornados and hope to never see another. It's such a helpless feeling....sort of like "powerless" over power.

Hope you got your cocoa. I'm sending hugs and hot chili (isn't that almost an oxymoron...hot...chili LOL).

Hugs
Ann
Old 11-05-2003, 06:37 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Gabe if you find that warm cave will you check to see if it has a guest room? That sounds pretty comfy right about now. I could hibernate this winter. Glad to hear you are safe.
Old 11-05-2003, 06:51 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Queen of one liners

Gabe, So thankful you both are safe....Never been in a tornado, never hope to be...Makes me Really thankful for plain old Pacific N.W. Rain....though Not tonight it's nearly seven pm here and down to 32* so that would mean freezing rain..

Take care and I'll say a special thank you to my H.P.
Old 11-05-2003, 07:04 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
I used to work here ;)

********{Gabe}}}}}

Glad you weathered the storm so to speak. Stay safe my friend.

Many hugs,
Debbie
Old 11-05-2003, 09:37 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Learning to love life...

Wow, that is scary stuff... I cannot imagine a tree going down before my eyes. You are right, God was with you, and you have many things to be thankful for - glad you and "the boy" are safe .

When I was pregnant with my 3rd child, I was in the waiting room of my OB's office with my oldest son (then 4). The door to the room was open, and I was chatting with the secretary, when a tremendous ROAR sounded, and got louder and louder. Then the floor began to tremble and the walls were waving back and forth - really freaky stuff.
Now we don't get earthquakes up here on a regular basis, so no one really knew what was happening. In fact, my son thought it was hilarious and the secretary and I were laughing until we realized what was going on.
This was the earthquake in 2001 that hit Seattle... we felt it way up in Victoria, B.C....

Anyways,
Hugs to you Gabe
Meg
Old 11-06-2003, 04:43 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Being in Tornado Alley I have had several close calls with Tornado's and it is a very helpless feeling!! I even have a re-occuring dream that there is a Tornado and I am trying to get to safety (and get my family to safety) but I am too weak and the wind is too strong. It is a scarey dream!!

So glad that y'all made it through safely.....it really puts things in perspective to who is in charge and how powerless we are!

Blessings
Constant
Old 11-06-2003, 05:08 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Gabe, I am so glad that you and your son are safe. I have never seen a Tornado or Hurricane or earthquake so it is hard for me to imagine the fear. I am very fond of you and so glad you are safe.