SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Friends and Family of Alcoholics (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/friends-family-alcoholics/)
-   -   Thurprithed (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/friends-family-alcoholics/217894-thurprithed.html)

skippernlilg 01-16-2011 12:21 PM

Thurprithed

Or without the lisp: Surprised!

Yes, I'm surprised my tongue is not bitten in two after my conversation with R?ABF.

I will replay it for you here:

He: Last night, was just terrible. My mom was cooking in the kitchen and I guess she finished a whole bottle of wine, because when she sat down for dinner, I could tell right away she was loaded.

I: Really? What happened?

He: Well, when my stepdad started talking about his family, she loudly said, "F--- them!" so, when I said, "Ma!" She looked at me, and said, "F---".

I: (astounded, surprised look, but felt very familiar....)

He: So, I decided I didn't have to take that crap and I just got up and went to my room.

Ok, that's my story.

I just bit down on my tongue and held it there. And held it. And held it. :gaah

Just thought I'd share!

skippernlilg 01-16-2011 12:32 PM

Originally Posted by Rayn3dr0p (Post 2832975)
I think I may be a bit slow on the uptake today, but is this a "welcome to my world" kind of tale?

Very much, Rayn!

A list of things I wanted to say (be free to add your own comments, too)

"Multiply the feeling you had for 30 seconds by one year, and now you understand how I've been feeling!"

"Gosh (sarcastic), that must've been really difficult for YOU"

"I can't believe someone used the F word at the dinner table!" (more sarcasm)

StarCat 01-16-2011 12:38 PM

When other people do it, it's wrong.
But they're always exempt, aren't they? Because they're "Not like those people."

lillamy 01-16-2011 05:22 PM

:lmao
Yeah, how hard for him! :lmao Really!

wicked 01-16-2011 05:27 PM

"I can't believe someone used the F word at the dinner table!" (more sarcasm)
oh, skipper, cant you see how bruised this little flower was?
the F word at the dinner table.
what's next?
peeing in the closet? or on the bed?
vomit in the bathroom? (he says "I didnt do it!)

Beth

skippernlilg 01-16-2011 06:24 PM

My child's bathroom has had a smell of 'miss' in there this whole year. I've taken extra time to scrub and clean in that bathroom because of the 'miss' smell.

'Lo and behold! Now that R?ABF has been out of the house for 10 days, that 'miss' aroma does not exist in that bathroom.

It never *was* my child who was missing!! I'm sure more things will come to light as time passes.

skippernlilg 01-16-2011 06:26 PM

Originally Posted by Rayn3dr0p (Post 2832999)
Haha. I am so true to my hair color sometimes (blonde, if you couldn't tell).

They can see it for what it is when someone does it to them but never vice versa. The disconnect just boggles the mind.

I blame my hair color on such things, too!!

StarCat 01-16-2011 07:04 PM

I had to clean the bathroom once a day.

He was always complaining about how the floor was a mess, but of course it couldn't have been him causing it, could it?

He also had a thing about toilet paper. I don't understand it, but I had to replace the roll once a day when he decided to move in. And I haven't changed it once since I threw him out!

LexieCat 01-16-2011 07:20 PM

LOL,

Too funny. Tho thorry for him.