ANOTHER MAN'S SHOES IAW Tucson, AZ

Old 01-13-2011, 07:53 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Rising from the Ashes

Learn2Live, you wrote "Yes, Phoenix, your posts mirror the arguments that have occurred on the news since Saturday. I just do not see the connection, am tired of the politics, and don't feel F&F is the right forum for voicing your politics." I just don't see any politics in this thread. I wish and pray that it was about my politics!

I am very personally involved with this thread, and I do see the comparisons of codependency between our society's present views and individuals's views. The parents could have been my husband and me......my daughter was a paranoid schizophrenic! I've witnessed how society and the media stereotype all paranoid schizophrenics as violent, hopeless and helpless. The stereotype is NOT always RIGHT!

People with schizophrenia are far more likely to harm themselves than be violent toward the public. Violence is not a symptom of schizophrenia. Some paranoid schizophrenics are highly functional; my daughter was attending college and raising a baby. Sure, she needed help and support from her family......and she had hope! She was receiving monthly anti-psychotic injections. She was working on improving her life! The only thing we didn't realize was her two-year intern psychriatrist was injecting her with overdosages of the medication. She suffered from akathisia, a feeling of "inner restlessness", a constant urge to move. The higher the dosage, the more severe her akathisia became......until one day she couldn't stand it any longer! Akathisia causes many suicides, that could have been prevented by a correct diagnosis. I don't remember how many trips I took her on to go to the ER! The intern psychristrist was found guilty of medical negligence and “malpractice” in her death! ...... "but for the grace of God (go you)"!

Phoenix
Old 01-13-2011, 08:12 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Phoenixthebird View Post
I am very personally involved with this thread, and I do see the comparisons of codependency between our society's present views and individuals's views. The parents could have been my husband and me......my daughter was a paranoid schizophrenic! I've witnessed how society and the media stereotype all paranoid schizophrenics as violent, hopeless and helpless. The stereotype is NOT always RIGHT!
So, turn off the TV. You cannot change how other people view things. You can change yourself, and take action, but posting your reactions here does nothing to change things. Just a little food for thought.....

L
Old 01-13-2011, 08:51 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Phoenixthebird View Post

I feel like I'm watching a lot of codependency reporting on this drastic, unnecessary waste of human lifes! The responses to this national tragedy have ranged from finger pointing at political parties to blaming the parents of the deranged paranoid schizophrenic.

I am an avid watcher in the mornings of "Fox and Friends". However, yesterday morning I felt like I wanted to jump through the TV set for a one-to-one conversation with Gretchen Carlson. She was talking about how the parents were responsible for the actions of their paranoid schizophrenic son and why couldn't they see how deranged he had become, and why they didn't get him the help he needed.
I think you make some excellent points. I enjoyed the poem too. Call me dumb as a rock but I'm not seeing how this is about politics. I enjoyed this topic. Thank you for posting.