Treatment Program

Old 01-12-2011, 02:51 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Let he who be free of kettle call the first stone black! Man I'm on a roll!
Amen.
Old 01-12-2011, 07:21 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Got home this evening just as the AW was leaving to go to one of her social get togethers. She only drinks in seclusion so thats not a worry. AW can't forgive of ask forgiveness. I don't know whay but her mother says she has bee like that all of her life. She has still not asked for forgiveness for her latest binge nor has she contacted the kids to even say she was sorry. She is not getting it. The plan has been for her to go stay somewhere else once her "do it yourself rehab kit" arrives. Once I get her out of the house it's gonna be a whole lot easier to keep her out. Their is a chance she will get it and we might reconcile but it's not looking very likely. My goal is to leave the door open for her just in case. I also want a seperation to be as ammiciable as possible. No since in getting into a fight because we will both come out loosers. Besides I don't hate her I just can't live with some of her behaviours.

I sure have missed not being on SR the last couple of days. It sure is peaceful being home alone this evening too.
Old 01-12-2011, 07:44 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Hayfmr View Post
The plan has been for her to go stay somewhere else once her "do it yourself rehab kit" arrives.
LOL... you'll let us know how that kit thing works out, right? It may just be "the" cure we've been waiting for for centuries!

Sorry. I really do wish her the best of luck, y'know. I don't wish this kind of suffering on anyone. Just cynical, I guess.
Old 01-12-2011, 08:16 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by tjp613 View Post
LOL... you'll let us know how that kit thing works out, right? It may just be "the" cure we've been waiting for for centuries!

Sorry. I really do wish her the best of luck, y'know. I don't wish this kind of suffering on anyone. Just cynical, I guess.
I am not holding my breath. The program sounds to good to be true to me. If it were that easy everyone would be using it.
Old 01-13-2011, 03:35 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Awakening

It sure is peaceful being home alone this evening too.

Man do I ever understand that. Hang in there, seems to me your resolution is getting closer. Keep doing the next right thing for YOU.

Thanks and God bless us all,
Coyote
Old 01-13-2011, 08:15 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by tjp613 View Post

I know nothing at all about the programme the OP's wife is going to try but I do know that to date, statistically the number one most effective addiction treatment there has ever been is; "whatever works."

Addiction is usually psychological as well as physical and there is no one size fits all solution. The woman is trying something, if it doesn't work she may try something else, if she keeps (genuinely) trying she will find what works for her, even if that means putting the different pieces of various treatments together as her own programme. Or maybe, hopefully, this will be the one which works for her. I don't think anyone should be judged harshly for trying to change for the better.
Old 01-14-2011, 06:50 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

AW's do it yourself kit arrived in the mail today. She just left to go stay in a motel and work the program by herself. I can't explain it but she has been a totally different person the last couple of days. A real pleasure to be around instead of the b%*&# she had become. She says she is feeling the best she has felt in years and feels free. At this point I am going to give her every opportunity to recover and regain her life. If she can do that I am pretty certain we will still stay together. Rebuilding our relationship won't be easy but neither is divorce. I wish her the best.