Now it's 6.

Old 01-07-2011, 04:54 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

I did tell him that those things are crap(and he knows, because I've talked about what a sucker his brother is for doing them for years now, when ours take less than 2 weeks to get to us, and no exorbitant fees) but he said "I made all the money last year, so it's my decision" and he'll end up guilt tripping me into signing the frakking thing. Because otherwise, how will he get to work?!

Sadly, he's made more money this last year than he ever has before, and we've never been so broke.
Old 01-07-2011, 04:59 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
RIP Sweet Suki

Well, sure, if you're going to let him guilt trip you into signing...
Old 01-07-2011, 05:58 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

How? How do i do that without being subjected to 2 weeks(until the next payday) worth of tantrums? Especially because he will be dry that whole time too.

It's the one thing i can't do, not give in to something like this. I can stand strong about other things that he guilt trips me about, but not something like this. Because it would be "my fault" that he couldn't get to work, my fault that he had no cigarettes, my fault that he'd have no pop, beer, etc. I can't take the brunt of that again, I just can't.

I've been crying off and on all afternoon.Didn't help that I found a 3 month sublease on an apartment that would be perfect for the kids and I, no worries about a deposit, just pay the rent.
Old 01-07-2011, 06:01 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
RIP Sweet Suki

If you did agree to the RAL, would you have access to the money? Could you take out what you need to get away? If so, then I'd consider it.
Old 01-07-2011, 06:10 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

I might, but it's all on one of those cards now, so I don't know if I could even get cash with one of those things.

None of the upcoming medical studies I was looking into(nothing major, the local company compares name brand to generic drugs) will work out either, not with the sitters I can get(there is potentially one, but I'll have to call in a lot of favors for that one, as it runs for an hour or so a day, for 3 weeks.

Maybe it is time to call my dad, and see if he can think of anything.
Old 01-07-2011, 06:15 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  
RIP Sweet Suki

Does your dad know what's going on there? Does he know you want to get out? Can he help you with money or a place to stay for a while?
Old 01-07-2011, 06:36 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

No, he doesn't know(heck, I just really told my mom and my sister a few weeks ago) I'm not super close with him or anything, parents divorced when I was 11, and he dropped out of my life when I was 13. He did come back into my life when I got married, but visits have been sporadic, and we don't talk much. He lives a few hours away from here.
Old 01-08-2011, 08:36 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Well, he found money from someone(as I woke up to both beer, and pop in the house, where he didn't have either of them the yesterday) so yeah..forget it. I won't sign off on the dang thing.
Old 01-08-2011, 08:45 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  
I AM CANADIAN

Originally Posted by Jadmack25 View Post
"drinking like a fish",
now that is a good one!!

:rotfxko
Old 01-08-2011, 08:48 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  
I AM CANADIAN

Originally Posted by Learn2Live View Post
I got a little giggle from your last post about the fish being too small to eat. I was being a smarta$$ but you were contemplating it LOL.
ok, so what happens one day when he comes home and they all SEEM TO DISAPPEAR....?? lol....ooh i was hungry had them all for lunch...LOL
Old 01-08-2011, 08:55 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Well, if it works out correctly, he'll come home one day to only have his fish.

He got all offended when I said the fish thing with him is like OCD. He doesn't like hearing the truth apparently.
Old 01-08-2011, 09:16 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  
Today is a New Day

Originally Posted by pixilation View Post
He got all offended when I said the fish thing with him is like OCD. He doesn't like hearing the truth apparently.
They never do, because they're always right, and we're always wrong.

I guess someday, though, he might start having to blame the fish when he can't have what he wants?