Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > Friends and Family > Friends and Family of Alcoholics
Reload this Page >

I'm spinning out here... the daughter was not in her bed this morning...

I'm spinning out here... the daughter was not in her bed this morning...

Old 01-05-2011, 07:25 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  

Cryanoak,
Bless your heart- you have had a very hard day,but I am so happy that everything is good.

I remember a time when my son did not come home on the school bus with his sisters. I was frantic, and drove all over town looking for him and was ready to call police when I decided to check in with our neighbor who was a bus driver. she said, "Yes, I gave him a ride home, as he had gone back to get something and missed his bus".
I was so scared, I drove over the edge of peoples yards, while turning corners. like Dukes of Hazzard, or something. I have driven my children crazy with my over reactive nature. it stinks to love so much sometimes.

I thought you were very controlled and sensible, tho i knew you were very frightened.

so happy that all is well tonight.

hugs,
chicory
Old 01-05-2011, 08:25 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Glad for the happy ending.
Hugs
Old 01-05-2011, 10:29 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  
A jug fills drop by drop

Whew! I can breathe again. So so glad. And I don't think a dad's worry is codependent at all. It would have been codie to curl in a ball and cry and not talk to anyone... something I did for months
Old 01-06-2011, 12:00 AM
  # 44 (permalink)  
Rising from the Ashes

Insanity is inherited - you get it from your children!

Cryanoak, I was the mother of three teens and survived! One means of reinforcing your motherly boundaries that I found helpful was to set down in writing contracts between the teens and myself. This might be a good time to consider this for yourself, also.

Sometimes clear communication takes the written word. While, your teen may feel that a parenting contract isn't necessary, often many arguments and bad feelings could have been prevented if a parenting contract had been used. Help your teen think of these as more of an action plan, where their say is important enough to be written down. Be sure to compromise with your teen on the contract.

Parenting Contracts - Free Printable Contracts for Parents of Teens
Kids Home Alone Resources Parenting Teens Contracts Staying Home Alone While Parents Are Away

Kids Home Alone Resources Parenting Teens Contracts Staying Home Alone After School

Typical Teenagers
Happy, sad, sleepy, mean, Feelings often change, a common act of a typical teen, I find it rather strange.
Talking to a friend, or sending them a text, they talk for hours on end, what’ll they think of next.
They’ll leave their room a mess and give cleaning it a miss, but yes I must confess to also doing this.
They think their folks are ancient, and utterly unfair, the result is to ignore them, before they start to swear.
Their music cracks the ceiling, and makes their parents fume, emotions always reeling, and more time in their room.
Being a teen may seem pretty bad, but from experience I can tell, it’s much worse for the mum and dad, for them its
living hell!© Eddie Gee

Phoenix
Old 01-06-2011, 02:37 AM
  # 45 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by BuffaloGal View Post
LOL!!!

Last year, my dad and I had a misunderstanding about what time I was supposed to arrive home after a cross country trip. He vastly underestimated how $%^&* BIG Kansas is and how much of it I had left to drive through. He had a panic fit and chewed me out. I'm 41 years old.
:rotfxko:rotfxko