Codie Relapse and going NC again

Old 12-27-2010, 09:16 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
A jug fills drop by drop

LOL... "odor posts"!!

How wonderful you have witnessed homebirths. I know that the usual posture in hospitals is actually uphill for the baby, making it more difficult?? WTF?? let's make it easy for the doctor and not for the woman!! what kind of reasoning is that...

I identify with you because your recovery is constantly challenged and stress is high in our lives....

I know it would be way easier if I just never saw or heard the alkie EVER but there is also something sweet when there is much exposure to the toxicity and you STILL are able to keep your sanity.

Its like "humm... I am more powerful than I thought... hohoho!! see how I leave (almost) unaffected!!"

Also some days SUCK and I am back right in Day #1 but as rayn says we get back on track very fast now!! that's what matters... "dust yourself off and keep walking"

Now I am rambling... have a good night !
Old 12-28-2010, 12:23 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by wicked View Post
LOL

I love this. found another handbag to put his b@lls in?

I say, no thank you, you keep them for the next one!

i guess i should add this is an old southern saying i think,
"she's got his b@lls in her handbag!"

PMSL! Now it makes even more sense! Thanks Wicked!
Old 12-28-2010, 12:23 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by transformyself View Post
Ha! Odor posts! Ha! I'm leaving that right there...
Okay, what have I missed?
Old 12-28-2010, 04:14 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

This is the thing you need to focus on to really notice your progress-- that it's only taking you a few days to shake off the sucker punch, where in the "odor" days it took weeks and weeks and weeks!!! Dang!! That's pretty awesome if you ask me. Gold star!
Old 12-28-2010, 05:40 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  
I Love Who I Am

Floss you didn't miss much, just me laughing at myself.
And TJP it's amazing you said this. I was ranting in the kitchen to myself just now about how that guy abandoned me when I need him most. The last time was July-and it's always about his affair.

To be fair, we've talked about it plenty since then and he's apologized, owned his selfishness, and been very supportive. That's been when he's brought it up.

But when I did, he bailed and fast. Pushed me away while I was triggered-not only that but said all kinds of stupid **** to me about how I have too many issues for him to deal with bla bla bla.

I know why-it's because I'm his mother. His dad divorced his mom at the peak of her alcoholism (she died from A induced dementia) and AH was the youngest child, the only child left in the home. She turned AH into her husband -theoretically speaking- and he had to comfort her whenever she was upset.

That's the reason he's given me anyway, during one of our rare therapy sessions together.

Last spring and summer I was INSANE with triggers. It was practically all I talked about. I couldn't parent, work or sleep. It's taken me so long to get over this marriage, his affair, my freaking screwed up child hood. Ugh.

But the fascinating part is how our issues fit perfectly together in this very sick way. I have abandonment issues, he has commitment issues. Perfect! It's like the puzzle from hell.
Old 12-28-2010, 05:49 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

a former member used to say that "the horns on his head perectly fit the holes in mine" (or similar) I thought that was a wonderful description, and certainly described my relationship (and the one before that) to a "T".
Old 12-28-2010, 06:14 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by transformyself View Post
Well I changed AH's name in my phone to MORE PAIN and removed his special ringtone.
What a great idea, thank you!!!! Although I blocked his number from calling me, changing his name in my directory to MORE PAIN is a great reminder to ME when I have my codie weekness and want to reach out.