Dear Santa...

Old 12-22-2010, 07:11 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Dear Santa...

...could you please give me a cure for my codependency? I could really use it about now. The holidays are rough, know what I mean?

Or, if you can't give me a cure for my codependency, could you just give me some serenity? Or how about some repair for my "picker" that is obviously still broken (as you already know if you've been watching)? The last couple of months have been a little intense, right? Can you blame a gal, though, for looking for some semblance of a relationship that felt so "connected" and "deep" and "understanding"? I kept telling myself that I would heal some places in myself by getting "lightly" involved...and it turned out to be somewhat true but they weren't the places I expected. See, I thought I was healing when in fact I was finding another person to trigger all the old and sad places. I'm tired of doing that. How does that happen, Santa??? I mean, really. It's like that movie "Groundhog Day" all over again. The main character finally figures out that he can mess up and keep trying, nothing lost. So that's a positive, cheers for determination, right?

But I'd like to have something else happening here. Maybe you can't give me the quick fix for my picker repair. How about surrender? Oh right, I can get that over at the local Alanon meeting, somewhere around the 3rd step. Nevermind, because I really want to ask you for something I can't get for myself. I guess that means that spiritual awakening, self-esteem, love, friendship, honesty and nurturing are off of the the list, too. I can do that for myself with support from my program friends and places like SR.

Okay, Santa, I'm all set now. I know what I want. Please bless my friends at SR, and their families. They have touched my life deeply. And it's not that I can't make that happen with a quick word to my HP, but I figure you're a little like that, too, and probably know a thing or two about blessings.

Thanks a million, Fella. If you need anything then just let me know. In fact, do you need some long underwear for your long trip on Friday night? Or, perhaps an extra blanket for your sled? Are the reindeer up to date on their shots or should I give the vet a call? And which elves are helping this year...are you sure you've chosen the most reliable and capable of the lot? Now that I think about it, I'm not really sure you can handle this on your own. That's a long trip, and you're not exactly a Spring chicken, right?

Oh, well there you have it. I think I still need a cure for my codependency. Please read this letter again if you need convincing.

LOL.

Hugs,
posie
Old 12-22-2010, 07:38 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Love this~ It made me smile really big!
Old 12-22-2010, 08:49 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Rising from the Ashes

posiesperson, I echo what Redheadsusie posted!

Old 12-22-2010, 10:40 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
A jug fills drop by drop

Aww thanks posieperson!! God bless you and your family and beloved ones.

I thought I was healing when in fact I was finding another person to trigger all the old and sad places.

Tell me about it

By now I have learned! I wish I had heard the collective wisdom here since post #1 ! but it takes what it takes (in my case, 4015 posts LOL)