I got the job

Old 12-22-2010, 06:43 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I got the job

The job that I got the rejection letter for 2 weeks ago--that I would not allow myself to get really excited about because it was exactly what I wanted to do. Correct field of law. Not working the streets (worked fine when I was single--does not work with kids since you are on 24/7). Great attorneys. Closer to home. So when I got the rejection letter I was not as let down because I did not build my hopes up. I've been seriously looking for a job for over 3 years because I am like a fish out of water where I am now. I just don't care about anything in the field of law I am in now--and it shows. Which I hate.

I had a voice mail from my sister and I knew someone had looked at her house so I thought--yay, it sold. I was listening to voicemail and there were 2 messages. The 2nd was my sister and the 1st message--IT WAS THE JOB OFFER!! There were 2 positions open and they were offering me the other position. They called yesterday and I had not checked my voice mail until late this morning. It felt fantastic to be told that I was a close 2nd for the
1st position and that they were very excited I was still interested and still available. They told me my credentials were great and the staff was really excited about me accepting the position. I cannot wait! I am so happy to be excited about work again.

I needed that. After doing what I have been for the last 5 years--to have this come along. Thank you HP!

Took my kids out to a new restaurant in town to celebrate. We toasted with cranberry juice.

On another note--things have gotten interesting with the person I started to see at a v-e-r-y s-l-o-w pace. Will post about that later. I am proud of myself on that. I have set my boundaries and am sticking to them in a way I never have before. Also, I am unsure how I found a normal person and need to stop looking for something to be wrong with him--but I am still am not rushing into anything. I need to trust myself and am pretty happy where I am now.
Old 12-22-2010, 06:47 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Absolutely AWESOME news! I raise a glass of cranberry juice in your honor!

Cheers!

L
Old 12-22-2010, 07:51 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thanks LTD and Leise. Thanks for the dance

I love the smile that has been on my face all day and the happiness I feel in my heart. It feels good to feel competent and confident again.

Going to have to break it to my hooping class at work next week. Maybe I can start a new hooping class at my new job. . .after I have been there a bit.
Old 12-22-2010, 08:32 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Yay, HoopNinja!
Old 12-22-2010, 09:06 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Now that is a great Christmas present! I am thrilled for you!!!
Old 12-22-2010, 09:13 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Rising from the Ashes

HoopNinja,
"There is a bridge to the sky within your soul and a doorway to healing and peace within your heart. If we look inside and embrace our true essence we bless the source of life. See beyond your vision and you will find a garden of harmony and joy where every breath is a source of inspiration. If we dream new realities we will open ourselves to abundant blessings!"

Micheal Teal

Pride Cometh before A Storm & JOY Cometh after the fall & you GOT BACK UP!

Best wishes on your life's journey!
Phoenix

Old 12-22-2010, 09:59 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Congrats!!!
Old 12-22-2010, 11:46 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

FANTABULOUS!!!! It sounds like you are really working your recovery, and I'm very happy for you You give me hope that better things are coming for me, too.

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 12-23-2010, 12:27 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Curled up in a good book...

Yay! Well done!

Old 12-23-2010, 05:20 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Amy I really owe all to HP, SR and AlAnon. I never would have gotten where I am today without all of you. When I think of everything that everyone gave to me here while I struggled through so much-the kindness, the honesty, the encouragement-well for some reason now I am tearing up.

Everyone let me rant and rave when xah was driving me over the edge and reminded me to get back to my own recovery and leave him to his. It took a few times but that put me where I needed to be to work on me and know I will continue to have to work on me-more than likely for a lifetime-but that is a good thing.

You have cheered me on when I took the little small steps to start my recovery that made me keep taking those steps until they got bigger. I remember when I set my first boundary and how everyone just told me how great I was doing. It took my insecurity about what I was doing away. I started to learn what normal is for the rest of the world and started to step into that world without being afraid.

You have helped me internalize all the things you have shown and taught me. Your own stories inspire me and make me stronger when I felt weak. You help me to laugh at myself and my situation which has prevented me from weeping daily. You helped me find the Karen that got lost so many years ago.

I am still working on my recovery but it feels good to actually feel it when I slip into codie mode. There is no longer that worried woe is me thing going on in my head. Instead I say--hmm, something does not feel right. Why? I pay attention to it and do not ignore it.

My new job is a great Christmas gift. The wisdom I have gained from all of you is the best Christmas gift I have ever received in my life as it has been so life changing and has helped me continue my recovery and hopefully be a better mom, friend, worker bee and everything else.

I wish you all the peace and serenity you have helped me find this year and hope the next year brings this same peace and serenity to others who have found SR.
Old 12-23-2010, 05:36 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

i'm delighted for you!

remember when you fled with the kids to the hotel? wow, what a long way you've come. well done!
Old 12-23-2010, 06:29 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
I Love Who I Am

Congratulations I say. So glad you're not in limbo anymore.
Old 12-23-2010, 07:41 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Wow, I remember your disappointed post.

What a total HP moment!

I'm so happy for you! Congrats!

CLMI
Old 12-23-2010, 08:15 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
A jug fills drop by drop

how wonderful news!! congratulations!!

Your thread made me all teary! and what is funny, just today I brought a HUGE cranberry juice bottle with me... so I will be toasting all day !
Truly wonderful and this made my day. Thanks for sharing these news!

Also what is hooping? sorry ... it looks like playing with glowsticks in a rave.. ? lol
Old 12-23-2010, 10:21 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by naive View Post
remember when you fled with the kids to the hotel? wow, what a long way you've come. well done!
I remember that day more than I would like to naive. I still shake sometimes when I think about it. Wow--so much has changed since then.

TC here are my 3 favorite hoopers.
YouTube - Hoop Down with Brecken, Baxter & Anah

The hooper in my avatar is using an LED hoop. Very cool and lots of fun. This summer I made myself a hoop using photoluminscent tape--just not the same. So last week I ordered an LED for ME for a Christmas present--I've been good this year!!
Here it is YouTube - Rainbow LED Hoop by Trick Concepts

And here is someone hooping with it YouTube - NEW Trick Concepts LED Hoop