My head

Old 12-19-2010, 03:33 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

My head

is stupid at the moment!
I forget things I was going to do like a minute ago!
You tell me something and I'm guaranteed to forget it just as soon as you've told me what it is.
My doctor tells me it's stress related and as things have calmed way down over the last year this is my bodys way of showing me!
He say's it's not a bad thing, he did tests and assures me it isn't dementia related (thank someone for that as I'm oly 44!)
My doc is cool, he knows the family and the history, I do trust him, but I still feel a little nuts at the moment!
Old 12-19-2010, 04:02 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hi Lucy,

I'm the same way. I may not be feeling stressed at the moment but if there is lots going on in my life at the same time, I am more forgetful and preoccupied at work for example. People can tell me something then 5 minutes later I have completely forgotten.

I took to writing things down so I wouldn't forget. It helps me alot!

bb
Old 12-19-2010, 04:13 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

My life is pretty calm and peaceful at the moment,
At work I'm fine, I can remeber all the medications and procedures etc, but tell me something trivial and it's gone as soon as you've said it!
The doctor said worrying about it will make it worse, but how do you not worry, or think about it too much?
Old 12-19-2010, 06:54 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I have this big time, Lucy!

LOL Bill Cosby used to say that our memory is in our butt..if we just go sit back down in our chair we will remember what we were walking across the room to get!
Old 12-20-2010, 09:09 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
kia

the same here too the things ive forgot lately i even forgot to put in exercise pants for aeorobic class other week and had to do it in jeans dohh!!!
Old 12-20-2010, 09:20 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Trudging that road.

I have been told by others that its called CRS Can't Remember sh**. Hi everyone I am new to these posts so I just wanted to weigh in somewhere. I do have a question though how do I find my account so I can put a picture up like some of you have next to your names? Happy Holiday's
Old 12-20-2010, 10:02 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

If it's any consolation, dear, I had to see a psychologist last week for disability.

I had a bunch of tests to take before I saw him.

I did so poorly on memory/retention, that he said he would write a letter to my college instructors since I had flunked several classes.

Unfortunately that's not an option-grades are final and posted.

You aren't the only one!
Old 12-20-2010, 01:50 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I always pooh-poohed the idea that menopause could affect memory and cognitive function... until I went through it. CRS is an understatement! Aargh!
Old 12-20-2010, 03:56 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I have a friend who wrote her doctor's thesis on memory problems -- it started when she worked in a unit that evaluated people who were suspected to have Alzheimer's, and she was floored at the number of women in their 40s that came in self-referred. Her conclusion was that people living with extreme stress have similar memory issues as people in the early stages of Alzheimers. But for people living with stress, if you remove the stress (this is the point in her explanation where I started laughing hysterically -- yeah, just remove the stress!), our memory capacity returns to what it used to be.

So there's that hope -- that with less stress, your head will start functioning again. Mine is getting better...