Tramadols and Jim Beam

Old 12-17-2010, 05:33 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Tramadols and Jim Beam

Every night is this lethal? I am begining to worry...... Since I have know this man he has in some form or another taken hydro 500/750 and JB upwards 12 to 16 oz straight every night tramadols 200mgs for the last two years.

He functions wells never misses work, and yet I am a nervous wreck. His spending habits peak when he spirals from these high and low pill popping dives he dips into. I become anxiety ridden and then he tells me I am unstable.

Listen I am fully aware of this situation please I am here because of that what i do need to know is do any of you have anh experience with anyone getting better or he has been c/o muscle aches so severe is this part of the abuse he is causing his body?Please help
Old 12-17-2010, 05:50 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
RIP Sweet Suki

It's never recommended that one take prescription medication and drink alcohol; however, in order to know if it is causing damage, he would need to see a doctor.
Old 12-17-2010, 06:58 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

well, i consider alcohol fatal eventually. throw in some pills and while i'm not a doctor, i know it can't be healthy.

if your question is will he OD, i don't know.

you might get an answer if you post on the substance abuse forum.
Old 12-17-2010, 09:56 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

There is something you can do...

...and it is to attend at least six Al-Anon meetings before deciding if it will work for you. Try some that are different if you can. Here: How to find a meeting in the US/Canada/Puerto Rico

You already know things are not normal with him or in your relationship. You get that. Don't question yourself on it. You do know. Him telling you you are unstable is typical alcoholic behavior they use to keep their enablers off-balance (almost always somebody that loves them very much). You will hear that particular thing all over the boards, and my wife did it all the time. If she made it about me then it wasn't about her-- the whole, "the best defense is a good offense" thing.

You also already know that most combinations of drugs and alcohol can be very lethal, as can the alcohol all by itself. You don't need to ask us, you don't need to ask a doctor (but why not if it will make you feel better), and you don't need to ask anybody else. It also doesn't matter because you didn't cause it, you can't control it, and you can't cure it. You can't make him do anything, and you certainly can't make him stop using his favorite cocktail.

The only thing you can control is you, your decisions, and your life. Al-Anon will help you do that. I hope you give it a chance to do so.

Take care,

Cyranoak

Originally Posted by iloveme View Post
Every night is this lethal? I am begining to worry...... Since I have know this man he has in some form or another taken hydro 500/750 and JB upwards 12 to 16 oz straight every night tramadols 200mgs for the last two years.

He functions wells never misses work, and yet I am a nervous wreck. His spending habits peak when he spirals from these high and low pill popping dives he dips into. I become anxiety ridden and then he tells me I am unstable.

Listen I am fully aware of this situation please I am here because of that what i do need to know is do any of you have anh experience with anyone getting better or he has been c/o muscle aches so severe is this part of the abuse he is causing his body?Please help
Old 12-17-2010, 01:17 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

iloveme, I'm sorry that I have no words of advice or experience to share. I can send hugs your way, though.

Wishing you peace and strength. Take care of yourself.
Old 12-22-2010, 02:49 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I guess advice is what you ask for when you already know the answer........... thank you guys........I feel like a monster in love with a monster.