time to call it quits(at least for today)

Old 11-01-2003, 09:14 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Paused

Lightbulb time to call it quits(at least for today)

I guess this is my proverbial end of the rope. I've done everything that I can do to preserve my sanity without rocking the boat. Well tonight I guess I decided to rock the boat instead of sitting by and watching it get rocked by some idiot that doesn't have a clue as to what being a family means. Our stuff is packed for the week and we're going to my moms tomorrow morning. Let him have the animals and the house(please enjoy as the dog pisses on the floor). I don't think that I've ever been so disappointed in my life with one human being. He knew that if he didn't stop this crap he would pay with the loss of love that he will incur. I've been to so many meetings I could puke , when is it his turn to do some suffering(besides his stupid hangovers)???Here we are packing our stuff leaving everything that we know for what, so that the alcohol wins once again(true quote from my 14 yo). I am so damn mad .... I apologize for this outburst but I am so frusrated. I will try to keep my sanity through the next couple hours(pray for me). April
Old 11-01-2003, 11:37 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

(((((( April! )))))))

When it's making you this furious, "away" is the best place to be. You don't need to apologize. Anybody who hasn't known that anger hasn't lived with an addict. We're here for you... let 'er rip.

Hugs,
Smoke
Old 11-02-2003, 03:30 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
sdp

Good luck!!!
Old 11-02-2003, 05:06 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I will pray for you....away sounds like the best place to be.

(((((((((((((hugs))))))))))))))))

Constant
Old 11-02-2003, 05:20 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

((((((April))))))

Lots of hugs and prayers for you this morning. I hope you finally get the peace you deserve.

Lyn
Old 11-02-2003, 04:10 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I "left for a while"

and it was the best thing I could have done for myself and my kids. The night we left, he had passed out at the kitchen table. Before we got our stuff packed and left, he had puked and passed out again. I took great pleasure in thinking about the circumstances of his awakening.
Your anger is totally understandable. Let it out and get beyond it. Then you can start taking some constructive steps to a better life.
Hugs to you and your kids. I'm glad you have a safe haven to go to.
Peace,
Gabe
Old 11-02-2003, 04:55 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Queen of one liners

April, Welcome to SR....

Please consider yourself hugged.....Of course your angery!...We all are at one time or another What with the drinking, ect.ect.ect.

Away is sometimes the best place to be when I can't think anymore, and especially when I remember I didn't cause this, I can't control it and I can't cure it....and I can't do this one more time....TODAY!

I to was angry that I was the one going to meetings, trying to find anwsers, keeping things held together for the family....I hope and pray that soon you will come to realize as I did, that help is out there just waiting for you. So you and your children can have a better way of life...

Love and prayers from one who cares
Old 11-02-2003, 06:13 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

April

Sending hugs and prayers for you and your children.

Sometimes it is better to be "away" and happy, than to stay for yet another round of the same.

I'm glad that your mom is there for you, and please know that we are here anytime.

Hugs
Ann
Old 11-02-2003, 11:14 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I recall saying to my ex-husband.......so when do I get MY amends.

Never did, btw......

But my recovery program worked anyway.......and I ended up happy in spite of the fact that I didn't get those amends.

So.......go figure.

Keep on.....keeping on ....... coming back.
Old 11-03-2003, 05:32 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

April,
Hugs coming to you and your kids! I hope that you are finding peace with being away...and getting some needed rest! take care of you and those kiddies!

BTW, we are neighbors, I'm in Fenton...and I completely understand how you feel and what you are going through!

Hang in there!
sped teach
Old 11-03-2003, 10:51 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Responsible Girl

April;

I applaud your courage. If you can't get him to pack up and move out, somebody still has to go. I understand your anger, too- and I hope things work out for you to be happy- with him or without him. Keep your head up...
Old 11-03-2003, 11:48 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

I went to get "away" for awhile and never went back. Once I was out of the manipulation I could starting seeing things clearly and making constructive decisions for myself.
Best thing I ever did.

Ngaire