Not Calling Them "New Year's Resolutions"

Old 12-11-2010, 01:09 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Not Calling Them "New Year's Resolutions"

I won't call them my New Year's resolutions for 2011.

As I've posted on this forum and reflected further on myself, I realize there are some areas in my life I would like to work on. They are as follows:

1) I will continue to work on my serenity in every aspect of my life (at home, work, with extended family, neighbors, friends, random people off the street, etc.), and to do my best to release any negative energy I feel when it comes upon me.

2) I will work on forgiving my parents, accepting them for who they are, loving them, having compassion for them, appreciating all of the positive things they have given me, creating new memories with them that I can look back on years from now and appreciate. I will work on letting go of the negative things in my past. I will draw boundaries, practice detachment with love when I must, and continue to work on serenity.

3) I will work to keep the focus on my recovery, not my RAH's.

4) I will continue to work on being the kind of mother my daughter deserves and to create a safe, loving, stable, predictable, consistent, serene home.

5) I will work on not judging/criticizing others and appreciating them for who they are. If I feel judged or interpret what others say as judging me or criticizing me, I will work on letting those things go. If I am asked and can offer ESH, I will. Otherwise, I will work on not giving advice.

What are yours? I'd love for you to share!

May we all continue to work on our healing. . .
Old 12-11-2010, 08:36 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Rising from the Ashes

Yorkiegirl, you wrote
"As I've posted on this forum and reflected further on myself, I realize there are some areas in my life I would like to work on."

I want to sing my OWN song.
I want to Sing it well.
I want to dance my OWN dance;
Dance the whole night through.
Until first light.
Watch the sun announce the Beginning of a new day;
Rejoice in the mystery of it.
I want to grab ahold of life, As if it were a tree In full bloom;
Shake it a bit, Letting the blossoms Fall upon my head;
Feeling their silkiness Caress my face.
Feel the earth beneath My bare feet.
Run in and out of the waves The ups and downs that life Presents;
the Adventures, the Sorrows, the joys, ALL OF IT
I want to embrace it All.
I want to Live my life with no regrets Leaving no stone unturned.
Yes, I want to sing my OWN song well,
With a Heart full of joy Spilling over onto every life I touch.
Experience the woods ablaze with The mosaic of the reds and golds of Autumn,
And the breath-taking beauty of the Sun Slipping below the horizon.
I want to Bask in the afterglow Until the last SIGH.
Old 12-12-2010, 12:25 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Wow, Phoenix!
Old 12-12-2010, 09:03 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Awakening

Originally Posted by yorkiegirl View Post
I won't call them my New Year's resolutions for 2011.

As I've posted on this forum and reflected further on myself, I realize there are some areas in my life I would like to work on. They are as follows:

1) I will continue to work on my serenity in every aspect of my life (at home, work, with extended family, neighbors, friends, random people off the street, etc.), and to do my best to release any negative energy I feel when it comes upon me.

2) I will work on forgiving my parents, accepting them for who they are, loving them, having compassion for them, appreciating all of the positive things they have given me, creating new memories with them that I can look back on years from now and appreciate. I will work on letting go of the negative things in my past. I will draw boundaries, practice detachment with love when I must, and continue to work on serenity.

3) I will work to keep the focus on my recovery, not my RAH's.

4) I will continue to work on being the kind of mother my daughter deserves and to create a safe, loving, stable, predictable, consistent, serene home.

5) I will work on not judging/criticizing others and appreciating them for who they are. If I feel judged or interpret what others say as judging me or criticizing me, I will work on letting those things go. If I am asked and can offer ESH, I will. Otherwise, I will work on not giving advice.

Wow yourself.

Yours sound pretty damned good, mind if I borrow them? They should keep me busy for the rest of my life!

Seems like a good foundation for serenity and a great recipe for a good life. Very Al-anon-esque.

Thanks and God bless us all,
Coyote
Old 12-12-2010, 09:27 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by yorkiegirl View Post

I am in a new relationship. It is not intense, for the most part, which is REFRESHING and seems "real". But....I am committed to not "losing" myself. I will not drop contact with my friends, not get obsessed with how he is doing, not stir up drama, give feedback only in a loving, non-expectation sort of way (did I say "try" ?) and do my best to hang on to my hard-won serenity, staying in the present and being the loving person I know that I am

I will also try to incorporate more exercise in my life

And for me, it IS a New Year's Resolution! This is a new year in many ways for me -- hallelujah!
Old 12-12-2010, 04:08 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Thank you, Coyote. I just want to live a serene life. . . Yes, my "non-New Year's Resolutions," will keep me busy for the rest of my life too! Uh oh! Have I been indoctrinated (Alanon)? Well, so be it! I am feeling so positive!

Coffeedrinker:
I am in a new relationship. It is not intense, for the most part, which is REFRESHING and seems "real". But....I am committed to not "losing" myself. I will not drop contact with my friends, not get obsessed with how he is doing, not stir up drama, give feedback only in a loving, non-expectation sort of way (did I say "try" ?) and do my best to hang on to my hard-won serenity, staying in the present and being the loving person I know that I am

I will also try to incorporate more exercise in my life

I love them, Coffeedrinker! Amen to serenity! And amen to the way you are approaching your new relationship!