So confused

Old 12-10-2010, 06:02 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

So confused

Hey everyone, started decorating and missing my exAH. I stopped by my Dad's house last Saturday night for a chat and he reminded me of how my AH could drink 2 beers for every one my dad had and how when we were first married and we would have a gathering, my AH would all of a sudden leave the party and go to bed passed out, early, and how now he doesn't do that any more, even though he drinks the same. I guess that is the progression of the disease. I don't know what to do about Christmas. I only have my father as my immediate family and we used to have he and his girlfriend over for Christmas eve and have a big dinner, but I don't have my son Christmas Eve until 10 pm and then all day Christmas day. Not sure how I will feel so I am hesitant to make plans. On Christmas day my dad will be at his girlfriend's with her family and I really don't feel like going over there, my son either. Sometimes I want to invite my exAH over either Christmas eve or the next day, but not sure that is a good idea and he may say no. I haven't been invited over to my exAH's family's either, his parents are divorced, remarried and usually celebrate after Christmas when his sister and her family come into town from Pittsburgh. Uggggghhhhhh. Thought of just having Christmas day with just me and my son, play Wii games, eat great food and anything else I can come up with that would be fun. Anyways, any one have any good ideas?
Old 12-10-2010, 06:51 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
RIP Sweet Suki

Thought of just having Christmas day with just me and my son, play Wii games, eat great food and anything else I can come up with that would be fun.

That sounds like a winning plan to me!
Old 12-10-2010, 07:01 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Start new traditions, just for you and your son.
Check the internet for concerts, or lighting ceremonies.
Here in Michigan, there are beautiful light displays on peoples houses.
Make cookies and cocoa, watch a christmas movie, a classic or two.
thats all i have right now.
you are free to make yourself happy this year.
Beth
Old 12-10-2010, 07:02 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I came up with new traditions.
I started going to the midnight high mass in the nearby monastery.
I went to see the Nutcracker.
I changed it all up and it was wonderful and those new traditions became just as cherished, moreso, because they were mine and the way I really wanted to celebrate.

I will bet there are lots of activities that you just didn't know about before!