Don't care to have another day like today...

Old 12-15-2010, 05:00 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  

Well, in my mind, the "College Student Extraordinaire" has to do with the extraordinary circumstances under which you are completing this education, not how perfectly you do it. If I were an employer, I'd be much more impressed learning of your accomplishment, under the duress of your circumstances, than I would care whether in the middle of all the stress you had to repeat a course or two. You would definitely not be the first student to experience temporary setbacks!!

A person who has overcome failure is valuable to employers. Overcoming failure shows persistence, dedication, flexibility, innovation, etc. People who have mastered failure have deeper character and more compassion and humility, and better potential to be a team player, to an employer, too.

Hang in there DeVon!

CLMI
Old 12-15-2010, 02:49 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  

CLMI, thank you so much. I really needed to read that today.

I'm down with some sort of stomach bug, so Amber ran to the store for me to get soup and juice. I slept most of the afternoon on the sofa with the dogs so hopefully I will be able to fix some soup and keep it down.

Tomorrow I have that appointment for disability with the psychiatrist in Wichita so I pray my stomach is settled by then. Amber will come over and feed the zoo crew and let dogs out for me while I am gone.

I'm sorry I haven't posted much lately on other threads, but am just exhausted and trying to recharge my spiritual battery I guess.

PS. Ku'a has got to be around 50 pounds now and thinks she's a small dog when she tries to lay on top of me on the sofa!
Old 12-15-2010, 03:12 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  

Hope you're feeling better soon. I'll be keeping you in my thoughts and prayers tomorrow.

Take care of yourself!
Hugs
Old 12-15-2010, 09:59 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  
A jug fills drop by drop

How are you feeling Freedom? thinking about you tonight.

I flunk a class called "thought processes" and have flunk chemistry and physics at high school AND university

Just take care of your health and hope everything gets solved soon moneywise... !! you can do the courses again right.. so .. its not a PROBLEM...

I am glad Amber is there to help you out.
Old 12-15-2010, 11:32 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  

(((DeVon))) - I hope you get to feel better, quick, and am glad that Amber is helping you out.

I can't imagine "baby" k'ua laying on you with all that weight! Mots tries to lay on my chest, and he ways 25 pounds and that doesn't go very well.

Love, hugs, and prayers,

Amy
Old 12-16-2010, 12:32 AM
  # 46 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Sorry I just noticed this free.....

When I had a bank account frozen......details not important
I let it sit there with no activity.

My son ran my SS check thru his account
and gave me the cash.

I then paid all bills with Post Office Money Orders...very cheap
to buy. Still do that ...and now I have an account in
another local bank.

I keep the new account at $10...so now cash my monthly
SS check there...then to PO for money orders.

One unexpected benefit I've found....I buy less when I
use the cash from my billfold or secret hide a way
funds at home.

I'm wondering why you want to give this bank your
money on Frieday?
Legal Aid advice?

Praers for your peace and well being going out...
Old 12-16-2010, 01:06 AM
  # 47 (permalink)  

Have you ever gone to the billing and accounting department at your hospital? I would suggest doing that. I had unpayable bills at my hospital and went there and asked to speak directly to the supervisor.
We arranged a payment by installment according to what I was able to pay.
It always helps to speak face to face with people.
And, if you don't know how you acquired these bills, it would be a very good way of finding out.
Old 12-16-2010, 06:39 AM
  # 48 (permalink)  

Sorry for the double posting, but I remembered something this afternoon that also relates to your situation.
One of the guys in the rooms has been going through the legal/debt wringer for quite a long time with his ex. At one point he owed a large amount of money to the tax authorities. He went to them and put his cards on the table and said: what can I do?

I think surrender in this case would be for you to no longer be a faceless account number to this hospital, (step 1): you are powerless over the bill and and can not manage a total, one-time repayment.

It turned out well for the guy I mentioned: the tax authorities cooperated with him and helped him work out a repayment plan.
Old 12-16-2010, 06:41 AM
  # 49 (permalink)  

Kin we haf another picture of Ku'a, cause I NEED to see her now, at 50 lbs. I need me one of those.
Old 12-16-2010, 12:33 PM
  # 50 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm sorry I missed this (((DeVon))).
I have no advice - but you have my thoughts, prayers and best wishes
D
Old 12-16-2010, 03:56 PM
  # 51 (permalink)  

((((DeVon))) - just checking in on you, sweetie. I'm with ((CLMI)) - would LOVE to see an updated pic of "baby" ku'a, in fact ALL your furbabies

Still sending lots of hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 12-16-2010, 06:39 PM
  # 52 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm so sorry DeVon...it's absolutely horrible and truly infuriates me that the hospital attorney can so easily do this. Wonder if they can prove service of this demand for payment and default judgment against you?

I'm glad you are speaking with legal aide and getting support here and in person. I like the idea of trying to become something other than a bad debt account number to that hospital.

I think there's a big bunch of people here who care about you and are peeved that this is happening and want to jump on the codie bus to have a little discussion with this hospital guy...Hugs and lots of prayers and positive thoughts
Old 12-16-2010, 06:51 PM
  # 53 (permalink)  

I think there's a big bunch of people here who care about you and are peeved that this is happening and want to jump on the codie bus to have a little discussion with this hospital guy...Hugs and lots of prayers and positive thoughts
Yeah, and I want to drive, but I have to pay the state for my mistakes. I owed.
Sigh......
There must be a way to deal with this other than vacuuming out your account.
I used to avoid my mail (when in a bad dip depression wise) that is how I got behind with the license thing. But even the state is letting me pay a little each month.
Dang, I hate this for you.
But I will be thinking positive things for you and it turns out well.
Just keep powering forward, or inching forward if you have to, keep the momentum going.

Beth

(hates creditors, especially the sneaky ones)
Old 12-16-2010, 08:02 PM
  # 54 (permalink)  

Hey all, I'm extra tired and with a migraine, but just took an Imitrex, and crawled into my sweats for the night.

The psychologist I saw today for disability was truly a gem. As we were walking back to his office, he said he hoped I didn't mind dogs as he had one in his office. *grin*

I got to meet Harry, the handsome yellow lab who goes to work with him every day.

CLMI and Amy, I will get new pictures of Ku'a tomorrow, I promise.

I can't express adequately how grateful I am for everyone's concern and support. Hugs to all of you!

Mike, an extra big thank you for the phone call tonight.
Old 12-16-2010, 09:07 PM
  # 55 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Freedom1990 View Post
As we were walking back to his office, he said he hoped I didn't mind dogs as he had one in his office. *grin*

I got to meet Harry, the handsome yellow lab who goes to work with him every day.
I want a job I can bring my dog to everyday! Well, I don't have a puppy yet, but I want one and a job that's puppy-friendly!

I hope the rest of the meeting went as well as meeting Harry. Big hugs your way!
Old 12-17-2010, 11:18 AM
  # 56 (permalink)  
A jug fills drop by drop

Hugs and good vibes for a quick and convenient resolution, and health.
I hope you can rest this weekend, Freedom.
BTW THANK YOU for all of what you have shared with me and for your help all this time.
Old 12-18-2010, 08:35 AM
  # 57 (permalink)  
fumbling towards normalcy

I'm not sure if your medical bill is related to a chronic disease--but if so, this group may be able to help.

https://www.patientservicesinc.org/default.asp

I work in chronic disease, and this organization has been a lifesaver to our patients.
Old 12-18-2010, 12:00 PM
  # 58 (permalink)  

(((DeVon))) - did you RUN to his office when he said he had a dog?!?! If it had been me, I'd probably have said something like "So, if the disability doesn't come through, can I come work for Harry? I mean YOU? I'm really a good dog person...wanna see my pics?!?!" Yeah, I get all excited when I go to a place of business that has a resident pet....sigh.

I do hope things get straightened out, and quick!! BTW, I'm all for jumping on the codie bus and heading your way. I'm heading to NY, tomorrow, to held dad drive (have to be in Rochester Mon morning). I'm hoping I can figure out his new-fangled phone, and get on SR, so I can keep up with what's going on, and see the baby Ku'a update.

Also hope your migraine is better. I use Treximet, which is the immitrex and aleve, and they work great, but when my supply from workman's comp runs out, won't be getting any more as they cost a small fortune.

Hugs and prayers,

Amy