I made it

Old 11-01-2003, 06:20 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
I used to work here ;)

Hey Meg

Can I ask the significance of the Nov 30th date? I was thinking perhaps after the stress of Thanksgiving but you already had yours

Hugs,
Debbie
Old 11-01-2003, 06:52 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
boo
Paused

Yippee for NO Smoke
Old 11-01-2003, 07:57 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Smoke

Thanks for sending the Dinotar and the thermos of hot cocoa. We just polished off an entire pumpkin/cheesecake pie, while I read him a condensed version of "The Three Muskateers".
And you are in trouble now. Because he wants a Muskateer costume and I want a Countess DeWinter gown (and the jewels and the bod to go with it). He is currently snoozing on my sofa in front of the fireplace. Every once in a while, he rustles around and says "One for all and all for one!"
I will send him home in the morning with a clean thermos and a head full of D'artagnan-like dreams.
Peace,
Gabe
Old 11-01-2003, 08:01 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

ROFL!
Old 11-02-2003, 05:54 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Smoke:

So happy you've kept it up! I have never had that habit, so I don't have to worry about giving it up. My DOC is food--preferably Reeses Peanut Butter Cups. But, I gave it all up on Monday, and believe it or not--I've lost 7 lbs. That's normal for me when I go on a diet, though, and it will all come off slowly from here on out, I suspect.

Why do I always do this so close to Thanksgiving? I was tempted to tear into Dino's turkey, but shh (I think it's on fire).

Hugs,

Lyn
Old 11-02-2003, 07:44 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Dinotar will gladly share his turkey with you. It has absolutely no calories at all. AND it is merely still STEAMING from the oven (ahem). :saywhat?:

I need to get on the low cal program too. I fought off the weight I gained when I first quit smoking, but it has crept back on. Hooray for seven pounds!

Hugs,
Smoke
Old 11-02-2003, 09:51 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Lyn...

I was just obliged to redraw the turkey. Dinotar said I got it too brown and EVERYONE was going to think it was burned and NO ONE would come to dinner if I didn't fix it. I think he's happy now. Want a drumstick?
Old 11-02-2003, 12:46 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

well, I never started...

...smoking so I can't join in on this one. But I am truly impressed when someone quits. I know my willpower is weak when I hear M&Ms calling my name, so I cannot imagine the willpower involved in fighting a true craving.

Way to go!
Old 11-02-2003, 08:43 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  
Learning to love life...

Hey Debbie,
Sorry it took me so long to get back to you... have been out all weekend watching my hubby play hockey

The significance of Nov 30th? None, really.
My 30th birthday is on Dec. 20th, and I have been smoking for 15 years now - I always made a promise to myslef that if I was still a smoker in my 29th year, I'd QUIT before I turned 30.

AND, I figure that quitting ON my birthday would pretty much ruin that day... so I set it on Nov 30th. That way, I have a month to get accustomed to being a non-smoker, and truly enjoy turning 30 with a new, healthy outlook .

Anyhoo... :p
Who's with me??!!!!!!!

Meg